32 H&R Mag

ihmsakiwi
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 0

32 H&R Mag

Post by ihmsakiwi »

Hi,

Can someone with access to a ballistics programme tell me if the following load would be OK for FP. Will it have enough momentum for the rams?

Lee #311-93gr boolit with 3.2gr W.W. 231 for 931 fps according to the 4th Edition Lyman Cast Bullet book.

Thank you, Peter.
rst1962
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 47385

Re: 32 H&R Mag

Post by rst1962 »

Peter,
I have used the Hornady 85gr XTP bullets loaded to 900 fps with either HP-38 or Bluedot powders in about 5 or 6 matches now. What few rams I have hit, all have gone down. Hopefully this trend will continue next week at the Region 8 match in South Dakota.
Ron
Gleedaniel13
Target Setter

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

Hi,

Can someone with access to a ballistics programme tell me if the following load would be OK for FP. Will it have enough momentum for the rams?

Lee #311-93gr boolit with 3.2gr W.W. 231 for 931 fps according to the 4th Edition Lyman Cast Bullet book.

Thank you, Peter.

That would be perfect for FP. It works very well for me that is why I can say it.
ihmsakiwi
Target Painter

Post by ihmsakiwi »

Thanks Guys. Might try it next shoot and see if it performs??
Peter
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Post by Richard Pickering »

Peter, I have used and recommended www.jbmballistics.com although there are probably others to be used. With jbm you need to know the MV---or you can estimate it. Many times I'll estimate then I'll cut it by 50fps or add 50fps. So you can play with it and see how your trajectory may be affected. One thing you'll have to do is select a bullet from the library that is similar in weight and shape as yours. You can ignore all the wind velocity and drift. You can select distance in yards or meters. What you want to see is its estimate of Terminal Velocity. That is used to calculate Terminal Momentum.
Numbers aside, if your load is accurate enough and referencing that a 40gr 22lr will take down most targets, it is virtually assured that 90 gr bullets applied successfully will give you an x on your scorecard. rp
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.