Sight Settings for Different Relative Target Elevations

User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Re: Sight Settings for Different Relative Target Elevations

Post by ole95 »

My input take it with a grain of salt :-?
I've struggled with this just like you and others. And what I have found is to me Without repeatable form there is no repeatable sight settings . I can change the point of impact as much with my grip, trigger pull and follow though as I can
With a screw drive ! To me you can't have constants unless your constant. I've spent the last couple of weeks working on my grip and was rewarded this week in Ga.

On side note I enjoyed watching you and your Revolver group have a blast this week And was impressed :ymapplause:
And thanks for the spotting help
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Sight Settings for Different Relative Target Elevations

Post by 260 Striker »

I think shooting one or more reentries is very helpful to perfecting your hold and of course refining your sight settings. Reentries also give you actual match conditions when shooting to help pace your shooting times too. Years ago I used to tense up when shooting my first entry trying to outdo my last score. That put extra tension on myself just worrying about my final score. Sometimes my reentry scores were better since the pressure was off to shoot my best score. Later I focused on just shooting one target at a time and at the end of the rams I had no idea what my final score was. I was more relaxed and wasn't always worried about the next target or next bank. Now I just shoot to hit one target at a time. Now this is me talking about credemore shooting NOT standing. I shoot one standing entry per year just to remind myself how bad I am. You standing shooters are a special breed of shooters with much better muscle control than I have. Sounds like you are making some improvements on the far targets so the close targets should come along soon.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885