Scope and rings information

geo01
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 2553

Scope and rings information

Post by geo01 »

Hey guys and girls of IHMSA

I have finally been able to add a 10" .22 Hornet TC barrel to my collection and want to start using this set up for Field Pistol, both Production and Any Sight matches. I have fitted a Ken Light rib and iron sights to it and was chasing some ideas on what is the best brand of scope rings to use for the Any Sight set up? Is there such a thing as a set of tip off / removable rings that will return to zero when you refit them back onto the barrel? Also, any thoughts or opinions on scope models that will suit shooting Field Pistol Any Sight as well would be greatly appreciated. So far I have been told to check out the Leupold VX-R Firedot 2-7x variable.

Thank you in advance for any information provided.

Geo
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: Scope and rings information

Post by 19 Turkeys »

If you have a full length Ken Light rib, you could install his 3" mid-rise scope mount. This will easily go on/off as he offers it in a Weaver base. I have a Bushnell Circle-X 1.75-4x32mm scope on my .25-20 barrel. Personally, I don't need too high a power for FP.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
geo01
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 2553

Post by geo01 »

Thank you for the reply 19 Turkeys. I should have mentioned that it is only a Ken Light half rib.

Geo
Gleedaniel13
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

Geo,

Could you post some pictures here of that field pistol you have acquired? So that we can really appreciate its capability. :)