Gun picking advice

Ccnati
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Gun picking advice

Post by Ccnati »

So I love 9mm, and I'm looking at either a 9mm 1911 w/ 5in barrel, or (leanin toward this one) GLOCK G34. I leanin toward the Glock as it comes with adjustable sights, and I have a friend who can easily put bullets through the same hole with it. I'm considering asking him to shoot it to get a feel fore it, but just wondering if either of these sounds like a good gun for FP... Thanks
Caleb
United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57410

Re: Gun picking advice

Post by Proclaim »

Caleb, either of those guns would get you started in Filed Pistol. Personally I'd lean toward the Glock as well.
Holdrege Silhouette Gun Club Member
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
Gleedaniel13
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by Gleedaniel13 »

So I love 9mm, and I'm looking at either a 9mm 1911 w/ 5in barrel, or (leanin toward this one) GLOCK G34. I leanin toward the Glock as it comes with adjustable sights, and I have a friend who can easily put bullets through the same hole with it. I'm considering asking him to shoot it to get a feel fore it, but just wondering if either of these sounds like a good gun for FP... Thanks
Caleb
For me, Glock 34 is still the best to use as a starter for field shooting. I have already use it before and it does a very good result for me.
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Post by Richard Pickering »

You should have quite a bit of fun with any Glock as a FP entry. When you decide to bear down on it someone will have a 22 Hornet and you'll love it. RP
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.