Match reports on website and reason not to

Articles on all topics written by IHMSA members
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Match reports on website and reason not to

Post by 260 Striker »

I have owned (still own) too many guns to worry about whether anyone is going to know I own and shoot guns. Uncle Sam has so many forms with my name on them I could fill a wharehouse just by myself. I appreciate people not wanting to advertise their ownership but it is hard to compete in a shooting sport without drawing some attention to yourself. I hope that is not a reason to keep people from shooting IHMSA!!! Anyway, I enjoy reading all the reports in the IHMSA News to see how the rest of the country is doing at their matches. I am always amazed at the AZ matches where only a handful of people show up and they still continue to have matches. My hat is off to that club and to many other similar clubs around our sport. You are the grassroots shooters that keep our sport going. Your match reports let me know our sport will continue if there is only a handful of shooters left. All match reports inspire me to keep shooting silhouettes. I used to be excited to see my name show up whenever I got lucky enough to win my class or when no one else shot in my class. Meant I was going to see my name in print. Now I'm happy just to keep shooting whether I'm in the paper or not. I think people interested in IHMSA would appreciate seeing the match reports and maybe finding out there is a range close to where they live. We have some very gifted MDs out there who write very interesting reports. Keep them coming and try to post on this site if possible.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885