New forum member info

Articles on all topics written by IHMSA members
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

New forum member info

Post by 260 Striker »

I have been reading some posts from new forum members and I think that is great. I hope we continue to get more new members and just shooters in general who are interested in IHMSA. I would like to offer a suggestion to whoever controls the info that new forum members have to add when they join. I think it would be nice to make it mandatory to pick a state from a drop down list. When I read these new posts if I could see that a new member was from my state (OH in my case) then I would take more action to contact that person to invite them to our matches, offer guns to try and just offer face to face encouragement to shoot at our matches. Just a thought and would not give away any specific home information.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
kg4tyr
Class B

Re: New forum member info

Post by kg4tyr »

Great Idea. I know when I see a new poster, I always look to see where they're from, and it usually doesn't show.
David
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Member #17952
Why punch paper when you can SLAM STEEL!!!!
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

i think that is a great idea also. allen
Curious
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 29677

Post by Curious »

Not to complain. But hopefully you know that your "Introduce yourself" string doesn't function. I've posted there twice, and the latest postings there are from 2011. Besides which a good idea would be something like the posting are in decending order to show your newest members on the first page!
kg4tyr
Class B

Post by kg4tyr »

If you look right below the last post on a page you can change the order from ascending to descending which puts the newest post at the beginning. Most post are read from first to last reply. But you are right a topic such as "Introduce Yourself" should be, last reply to first. Maybe Boomer can make that happen where it would make more sense. Oh and I looked, your post is there.
David
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Member #17952
Why punch paper when you can SLAM STEEL!!!!