Targets shown on graph paper background??

Downloadable material
DaveOfOregon
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 56944

Targets shown on graph paper background??

Post by DaveOfOregon »

Does anyone have pics of the 1/2 scale targets on a graph paper background. If I could see them I could draw my own targets and make templates. I would then cut them out and spray paint targets. The targets that I have seen here have no dimensions on them.
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Re: Targets shown on graph paper background??

Post by jmoore »

Further down the page there's heights and widths. I've been printing them sort of by trial and error. Do a print, measure, and adjust scale accordingly. Thinking of using a ponce wheel to transfer existing ram target to a fresh template, as my usual printer wont go that large.

Let's see if I can pull up some links for you....

ETA: This from a recent thread in this forum (Thanks again, Standing Tall!):

http://www.ihmsa.org/targets/index.html

Seems that you could just halve the Big Bore dimensions for Half Scale, but I could be wrong!

Note that high standard 40 has brought up shape discrepancies in the "invisible chicken target" thread, but I never followed up. I suppose it might benefit those who use very specific aiming points away from center of mass or non-basic six o'clock holds!
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

I have copies of the Old graphed style targets but it may be a week till I can get them uploaded.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

Did you ever find the old grid background targets?

I might be able to cajole a friend into making some, hopefully using MOA lines, but no sense re-inventing the wheel, if not needed! Took some time just to get the "improved" software to print the right sized targets for FP. (Lost the scaling feature somewhere in the upgrade to whatever our systems use now.)
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

Just letting everybody know that the Jpeg target files listed in below link ARE NOT TO SCALE!

https://www.ihmsa.org/targets/

The one I have checked is the Chicken and it will be about 1" too short in width and about 3/4" too short in Height for a full size chicken. I tried scaling them correctly in 3 different Image software packages (one being photoshop) and they come out incorrectly every time.

The Autocad drawings and the listed dimensions are correct.

And let you know that I have full scale paper Templates for 3/8 and 1/2 scale targets that any active member can request.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
WA_SHTR+44M
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 7771

Post by WA_SHTR+44M »

I came across this post and wanted to put my hat in the works if there are interests still with getting this information ---

I have the original copies that came with the packet when you signed up back in the early days of Silhouettes
They show the actual sizes and the layout which are just plain paper 8-1/2 x 11 -- 8-1/2 x 14 -- 11 x 17 showing grid lines and actual dimensions that you can trace from.

Does anyone need copies of my "Memorabilia" ? :)

Steve 7771
Attachments
DSCN3266.JPG
IHMSA Member since 1996
B-) 1st Copy IHMSA Newsletter Flash Drive 40 Years 1977-2016
United States of America
Justaguy
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by Justaguy »

I've bought from Outdoor Products Plus. They have an assortment of silo targets including full size. Google their sight and browse around. They had 1/5 scale in red ink that I really liked, but don't see it listed on their current site. Some of their targets now are white on black background, better for shooters if you're hitting the target! you can see your group forming on the target.