IHMSA Championship recap

United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

IHMSA Championship recap

Post by aggshooter »

I'd like to thank the good people that helped make this match happen!!

April Edney ran the clubhouse, doing sign ups, taking the money, tracking expenses and income, heading up lunches and the banquet dinner, often with a baby on her lap!

Doug Edney for endless support, calling the line, providing the speaker and range commands on tape, running the meetings, etc.

Jim Kesser for scheduling all the shooting times, calling the line, inputting scores, keeping things running on the line...

Mark Basham for running scorecards and keeping things updated....

Steve Powell and Bruce Smith for jumping in and calling the line whenever needed...

Diana Richards for supplying graphics...

Tim Downs for ramrodding the on-line store for t-shirts and hats...

John, A.J., and Jared Richards for painting targets and cleaning up the firing line at end of each day...

Bob Hargis who was our target guy, he always had a fix to any problem that arose...

Warren Alkire who again bailed us out with recording the minutes of both board and business meetings, and also ran the award ceremony...

John Richards and Brian Gildea for garnering the door prizes from a long list of sponsors...

and my wonderful wife Diana who suffered several migraines alone at home while I was at the range, and even postponed her birthday dinner by 2 weeks until our lives returned to a degree of normality!!

Most of all, the many good people who bore the expense of $5 gasoline and still made the trip to Indiana and made this match a success!! A sincere thank you to all!
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Re: IHMSA Championship recap

Post by aggshooter »

While we had 266 entries and surpassed our original goals, the larger purpose here was to show that it does not require a large facility to make this event happen. We did some things that were a little "thinking outside of the box" and I was very pleased that those things worked out. A lot of folks said they arrived apprehensive about using impact lights on targets but became believers and took that idea home with them. Likewise for swapping out the BB targets for 1/2 scale in the afternoon...it's just a scheduling thing.

Looking forward to having ideas, suggestions, criticisms, etc discussed on this forum. If we're not moving ahead, we're falling behind.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Post by aggshooter »

I sincerely hope those who attended our match this year enjoyed themselves, and those who didn’t will make plans to attend next year.

As an update, our 266 entries came from 9 states. While Indiana was the host facility/state, 85% of those entries were from out of state. In my opinion, that’s the way it should be if it is a true National or World Championship. After all, that’s what separates club matches from National Championship events.

In reviewing the results, a few things stood out, one of which is the diversity of our demographics and the high number of top tier shooters involved. IHMSA has six events that are common to both Small Bore and Big Bore (Prod, Rev, Standing, Unlimited, Unl. Standing, UAS). In this match, those six categories in Big Bore were won by 6 different people from 5 different states. Likewise, in Small Bore, those 6 events were won by 5 different people from 5 different states. The combined 12 events were won by 10 different shooters from 8 different states!

Congratulations to Iron Man winner Jared Richards! Jared fired a 438x480 agg, including a SB agg of 224x240 (converts to 149x160) and also an extraordinary FP agg of 111x120.

Big Bore Agg winner went to John Richards, with a 219x240, His 3-gun agg was 166x180 (converts to 110x120)

Doug Edney won the BB Standing Agg with a 94, Jared Richards took the SB Standing Agg with 96. John Richards fired 100 to win the Half Scale Agg.

We had four shooters in the Field Pistol agg who totaled 96x120 or more!!

Lady shooters were a force to be reckoned with. Robin Weaver was High overall in PH 22 with a 59x60, obviously winning High Lady, and was High Lady in FP as well.
Chris Kuhs shot only a handful of entries in the last 25 years, but was High Lady in SB-59, BB-59, and UASHS-57 (2nd overall). I don’t know who taught that girl to shoot, I’ll have to do some research!

Junior shooters Alexis Hall-Stout and brother Cody Hall-Stout fired virtually identical scores throughout the match. Gabby Kuhs, age 11, met her goal of 50+ in PH 22.

Host facility Riley Conservation Club had only a few members but was certainly well represented. Tim Downs started in 2021?, he won the Golden Anschutz with a 60x60 in Unlimited, and UASFS with a 59+3. He also fired a 60 in SB UAS. Rich Hawkins won AP UAS-40+5 & US-37, BB UAS 60+4, UASHS-60, and finished behind Tim in the UASFS shootoff.

I’m attaching a list of category winners from the IHMSA Championship.

2022 IHMSA winners.docx
(20.4 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

I had a glitch with the IHMSA software right at the end of the match and was able to get the winners, aggs, etc., but could not print a complete match report.

Ive been working on it off and on since the match.

I finally was able to rebuild the database and just this week was able to print the complete report. One of the things I had to take out was re-entries. There were several reentries shot and if you were in that group unfortunately they will not be listed. All category champions are listed correctly, even where the champion is coming out of AAA.

PHSB is listed as N1 and PHLC is listed as N2

Jim Kesser
Attachments
Nationalsfinalmatchreport2022.pdf
(5.56 MiB) Downloaded 84 times