2022 IHMSA Championships --update

United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

2022 IHMSA Championships --update

Post by aggshooter »

The "momentum factor" regarding Big Bore rams at the upcoming championship at RCC has been updated. The targets will be static and will not fall. As such, all hits will count, and there is no need to submit rounds to determine power level.

On a related note, the impact lights that aid in scoring has been approved for this event and will still be used. These lights are in current use as trials in local matches and are extremely popular, especially with solo shooters who have no means to verify hits after each shot. They are widely used in PRS matches to record hits on targets at 600 + yards where visual confirmation (as in static targets that do not fall) is problematic.

Please accept this posting as an official update, and feel free to spread this information as appropriate.

Rich Hawkins
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Re: 2022 IHMSA Championships --update

Post by Jimologist »

I will continue to accept pre-registrations up until Wednesday, July 6 prior to the match. I am heading over there Thursday the 7th so the 6th will be the last day I can take them and get them slotted.

If you are shooting Big Bore, it will definitely be to your advantage to have a scheduled time reserved.

Walk ons and add ons will be welcome and there will be a time relay sheet at the range master stand showing all the registration times and the open slots.

Air competition on Sunday is a first come, first served get in line kind of thing. This is how we have done it for the last 10-12 years and it works very well.

If you are planning to shoot the 2022 IHMSA Championships and are going to pre register contact me ASAP. Its going to be a great competition!

Jim Kesser
jimologist@aol.com email
614-214-6165 phone call or text.
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Re: 2022 IHMSA Championships --update

Post by aggshooter »

A huge thanks to Jim for handling this task, I could not have accomplished it so easily!

A few updates...

Airgun will indeed be Sunday afternoon starting about 3pm. We're gonna reduce it to a 40 round event to better accommodate those who have been shooting all day and already suffer from eye fatigue. It's pretty hard to shoot 360-400 quality shots in a single day, so a little consideration is in order.
If needed, we'll finish the air competition on Monday.

There will be a dinner on Tuesday evening, prior to the business meeting. Hope you will all plan to attend. We'll eat, draw the names for all the door prizes from our sponsors: Forster, Sierra, Hornady, Nosler, Kreiger, Starline, Sightron, Champions Choice, Freedom Arms, and Powder Valley. Make plans to attend and have an old fashioned "social hour".

GOAL MET
In an earlier thread, I said I would be thrilled if the number of entries warranted waiving the volunteer deposit. I am VERY pleased to say I think we're at that point!! So while we're waiving the $45 deposit, we will still need a handful of volunteers to offer their time and expertise and help us run the line efficiently. Please offer to give us a hand, painting targets, checking guns, etc.

As with prior events, if you have stuff for sale, bring it! and for those reading this but not attending, hook up with someone to relay info, or run an ad in advance and arrange to meet or middle-man the delivery of cash & goods.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000