JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

2021 World Championship write up.

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

2021 IHMSA World Championships
(Oklahoma City Gun Club)
By Jim Fields - Match Director
The 2021 IHMSA World Championships held at the Oklahoma City Gun Club July 16th thru the 24th, was a total success with entries totaling 480, not bad during the pandemic era, we certainly miss our International shooters, believe me. I want to personally thank everyone that helped during this match, much appreciated.
Weather conditions were unbelievable for this time of year with temperatures averaging around 87 degrees for the 9 days of the event. We actually had rain one day which held temperatures down some. Also, wind conditions for the entire match were on the calm side as the scores below indicate. Our target setters did an excellent job the entire 9 days.
Our 23-foot wide by 403 ft. long firing line allowed spotters & spectators the convenience of shaded area from morning into the late afternoon.
On Friday the shoot-offs began at 9 am sharp & lasted to about 11:30 am. & some precision shooting was observed by all, the trophy presentation followed in our air-conditioned main clubhouse.
Woody Liddell won the scope category in ULTRA 500 with a 39x40, down the 1st chicken & John Weaver winning both the ULTRA 500 iron-sight & the aggregate championship, 36x40 iron, 39x40 scope, which resulted in an aggregate score of 75x80, great shooting guys.
Woody also won the Gold Anschutz award with a winning score in SB-Unlimited with an 80x80+4, this is the 3rd time Woody has won this prestigious award, congrats Woody.
John Weaver also won the Iron man award with a fantastic score of 588x640, great shooting John. Also, John’s 4-gun SB aggregate score ties the record with a 304, WOW!!
One note, after the ULTRA 500 match Saturday, Dave Strydom asked if he could see if he could make contact with the 500 meter ram with his Bordello Glock 10 mm semi-auto gun shooting 180 grain bullets, he accomplished that in under 10 rounds to everyone’s amazement, not only making contact, but knocking the ram down!!!
With light wind & excellent lighting conditions all week we had a total of seventy-four (74) 80x80’s shot, Our previous record for an 80 round WC here at OKCGC was 73.
Excellent food was available to all competitors including breakfast that was served at 7 am sharp, lots of comments on how great the menu was.
I would like to think everyone who attended this fantastic WC match & also our target painters, local line officers, Roger Arens who spent countless hours in the line shack calling the match. Jan Meyers for entering the scores on the computer all nine days, Jan’s husband Jim, trouble-shooting the auto-re-set system, without these dedicated people this match would be in a lot of trouble.
Also, Blair Hamilton who drove up from Houston, TX. was a great help. Blair hasn’t shot our sport in over 15 years, but I think after attending this match, seeing all the new guns, I believe we got him hooked again. Blair was region IV for several years, & a very good friend of mine.