2019 World Championship OKCGC.

User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Re: 2019 World Championship OKCGC.

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

aggshooter wrote:I agree with Kesser, only paint sighters every 4th string. My last gun took 2 hrs 48 minutes from sighters to final shot. Adding resets to all banks is a great addition and welcomed by everyone. Good job.
The plan is having them up and running,by the regional championships in October.
“Sometimes your saw will hit a knot”
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

Jimologist wrote:I for one am making plans already to attend!! Cant believe I missed this one. Pretty sure it is only my second miss in the last 19 years.

The addition of small bore resets will be a tremendous help. It should assure that all the relays are completed as scheduled instead of cutting off at a particular time.

If I can make one small suggestion; if all the targets are auto reset, the target setters also wont need to go down and paint the swingers every five. Only send them at the end of the relays. This will save 6-9 minutes or more per relay and ensure that all the relays are completed on any given day. It will be a boon to those shooters that shoot and spot for each other so they can get all their guns in. Instead of 16-18 relays completed per day, the full 24 as scheduled should be able to be completed.
If the target setters are saving 6-9 minutes per relay that is at least 2 1/2 hours in a day.

Many thanks to Jim Fields and his crew. If they werent doing the work an International/World Championship would not exist.

Hats off to the OKC gun club!

Jim Kesser
51873L
I agree also. If there are any concerns on hits on targets when you shoot your sighters. Put out another set of swingers! Even ropes attached to the rimfire would have been a plus.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Is there a time frame that we should expect a link with full match results? There are some notable scores that don't make the headlines. Thanks!
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000