2019 World Championship OKCGC.

United States of America
bkraft
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 57644

Re: 2019 World Championship OKCGC.

Post by bkraft »

I was in OKC Tuesday the 16th and I would like to thank everyone who worked so hard in the heat to make it a thoroughly enjoyable event. Jim Fields and his merry band put on a first class show. Thank you all. I've shot Internationals in OKC each time they were held there since 2014 and have NEVER had a bad time. Jim, your guys did GREAT!
Thank you
Bill Kraft
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

nutcase wrote:
wheelgun7360 wrote:I wish someone would post the scores!!!!
not my job anymore :D :D
Damn union guys.
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

I want to thank everyone who made an attempt to join us at the WC at OKC this year. I hope everyone enjoyed the match and have a safe trip back home. I want to thank each and everyone who helped with the match and worked to help the match run smoothly. Target setters done a fabulous job of keeping the targets set and painted with the heat as it was. I hope Allen recovers from his fall and was safe going home. I want to thank Jim Fields for hosting the match and also hope to see everyone this next year if the good lord is willing. God bless everyone and see you next year, stay safe-shoot well my friends.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

I did not mention, but most of the shooters who visit the WC like myself do not have a way of posting scores. Some like my self have limited data on a cell phone and I don't use an I pad or pod and also use all the extra room for equipment without having any extra room to spare. Local shooters like Jackie Brown has the means to post and does when he has the chance and I want to thank Jackie for doing this for the membership, but remember, Jackie is on line also, shooting and calling the line as well. With this in motion, Jackie posts scores when he has the time. He does a fine job. Not many people step forward and ask what they could do to help which leaves the work for others and I wish more people would step up to the plate and help or even ask to help which would make the WC or even the local match's or regional match's more enjoyable. Remember these folks are shooters also and they like to spend time on the firing line as well. Be courteous and help if possible. I would also like to mention that we all need to be courteous on the firing with the shooters next to you. Thank you.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Open request to Jackie...can you please list by name each of the staff from this week? They are all deserving of our thanks, and I don't want to leave anyone out. Thanks in advance.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

aggshooter wrote:Open request to Jackie...can you please list by name each of the staff from this week? They are all deserving of our thanks, and I don't want to leave anyone out. Thanks in advance.
I sure will,aggshooter!
JACKIE40X40
Class A

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

JACKIE40X40 wrote:
aggshooter wrote:Open request to Jackie...can you please list by name each of the staff from this week? They are all deserving of our thanks, and I don't want to leave anyone out. Thanks in advance.
I sure will,aggshooter!
We had some dandy helpers at this year’s championship!
First of all OKCGC wants recognize our target setters! Annabell,Christ & Britney!
Our regulars that called the line,Was Dan Baily,Jack Dever jr,Tom Vesper,Roger Arins.
Line officers ,Dave Stone,John Reed,Jim Myers,Bryan & Wilma McDaniels.
Taking care of all the scores & shoot offs is Jan Myers! Jim Myers wife.
Jan was there was many late hours keeping updates current!
Last edited by JACKIE40X40 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
JACKIE40X40
Class A

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

Write up & category champions will be coming shortly.
Finals stats will be handled by Jared Richards.
The Internationals should be completely be auto reset,next year.Jim is adding rimfire.
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

I for one am making plans already to attend!! Cant believe I missed this one. Pretty sure it is only my second miss in the last 19 years.

The addition of small bore resets will be a tremendous help. It should assure that all the relays are completed as scheduled instead of cutting off at a particular time.

If I can make one small suggestion; if all the targets are auto reset, the target setters also wont need to go down and paint the swingers every five. Only send them at the end of the relays. This will save 6-9 minutes or more per relay and ensure that all the relays are completed on any given day. It will be a boon to those shooters that shoot and spot for each other so they can get all their guns in. Instead of 16-18 relays completed per day, the full 24 as scheduled should be able to be completed.
If the target setters are saving 6-9 minutes per relay that is at least 2 1/2 hours in a day.

Many thanks to Jim Fields and his crew. If they werent doing the work an International/World Championship would not exist.

Hats off to the OKC gun club!

Jim Kesser
51873L
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

I agree with Kesser, only paint sighters every 4th string. My last gun took 2 hrs 48 minutes from sighters to final shot. Adding resets to all banks is a great addition and welcomed by everyone. Good job.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000