Any 2018 Ints scores yet?

User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Re: Any 2018 Ints scores yet?

Post by 19 Turkeys »

260 Striker wrote:Steve, I just found my last copy of the bylaws (2015) and they state a quarterly financial statement will be given to the board. A sentence or two later states a financial statement will be given to the membership semi-annually and annually via the IHMSA News. Also found where a quorum is considered to be 30 eligible voting members. I wonder if there were that many eligible members at the annual meeting to even conduct a legal meeting. If there was no quorum then not much business could be conducted. I think my copy of the bylaws are up to date since that is the copy I was asked to help rewrite to eliminate conflicting statements and just do a general cleanup.
Lynn, I believe you are correct!

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
jcunclejoe
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 54512

Post by jcunclejoe »

We were 2 people short of a Quorum so nothing was voted upon.
There was a financial report at the meeting and a full financial report should be coming out in the paper in the next couple of months.
We are solvent and securely in the black.
Thank you

Joe Cullison
Standing is my favorite category. (Not right in the head)

Oregon State Director
Bend, Oregon Match Director
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Joe, Thanks for the update. Can "anyone" remember when there was a quorum at an annual meeting? If we cannot even get 30 eligible members present at an annual meeting, perhaps we should rethink the requirements for a quorum. Also, if any important decisions need to be voted on, at any time, should that be left up to just 30 (or less) members that are able to attend an annual meeting? Food for thought.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

260 Striker wrote:Joe, Thanks for the update. Can "anyone" remember when there was a quorum at an annual meeting? If we cannot even get 30 eligible members present at an annual meeting, perhaps we should rethink the requirements for a quorum. Also, if any important decisions need to be voted on, at any time, should that be left up to just 30 (or less) members that are able to attend an annual meeting? Food for thought.
A ballot could always be published in the paper on important issues if no quorum. Joe, thanks for the financial update.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
bkraft
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 57644

Post by bkraft »

Or send a mass e-mail with the question to be voted on as an attachment through survey monkey. One vote per address results tabulated as they come in. Set an open and close date, DONE.
As an aside I thoroughly enjoyed Internationals this year. Big KUDOS to the OKC Gun Club and Jim Fields and all his volunteers. Nice Job guys.