Pictures from 2014 world championship

User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Pictures from 2014 world championship

Post by ole95 »

if anyone has some picture they would like added just e-mail ~o)

https://2014ihmsaworldchampionship.shutterfly.com/19
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Pictures from 2014 world championship

Post by 260 Striker »

Richard, Thanks for the pictures. Lots of gray hair and no hair in those pictures. Makes me believe we need to get more young shooters involved in our sport. Sure looks like a nice range. One comment about the range layout that would have bothered me personally was the colored markers for the different banks of targets. I am red/green color blind and I probably would have been shooting on the wrong bank if I was assigned a bank with a color that I couldn't recognize. A range in Lima, OH years ago had fluorescent orange chickens at 200 meters for shootoffs and there was grass behind the targets. They were invisible to me due to my color issue. I used to bring my sight up the black stand until the stand disappeared then pull the trigger. Worked about 1/2 the time. I have been to other ranges with colors for the banks and it was very confusing at times. I'm a minority I know and that just makes me special in a bad way!!!! Glad you had time to take the pictures for the rest of us who couldn't attend. Also glad you did well too.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Lynn, about the color markers. you were "assigned" by bank # not color but the color code did correlate(?) to were you shot from on the line. To be honest the color code save my butt more than once using a scope. I don't shoot scopes much and have a problem finding the targets/right targets with a scope. But I could reference off the color marker to help make sure(still messed up) BUT would not help someone that's color blind. there again I shot relay 4 position "1" not position "RED" One thing that would have been a great help (hey Jackie no complaint just a opinion) IF there was a sign hanging from the roof that told what you shot from there it would make it a lot easier to fine were you needed to be and not have to stand right over the markers on the ground to read them ;)
as far as Orange Rams this is what I found at the NRA match Sat. =))
Attachments
orange rams.jpg
orange rams.jpg (45.52 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Never saw orange rams before!!! Rams on ends and in the middle with grass behind them are almost invisible to me. I could probably guess where they were sitting but that does not make for good scores.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885