My 1st. World Championship

TEFREY
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57239

Re: My 1st. World Championship

Post by TEFREY »

Hey Richard,

Great hanging with you and the misses, and Joe paying was icing on the cake. Good shooting and look forward to seeing you in 2015, wherever that might be.

Troy Frey
Nobody
User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Well I’m home
And with a 800 mile drive I had time to fully analyze my 1st. World Championship
And after doing so It was still a Positive adventure.
Jim Fields, Jackie Brown and the whole OKC bunch with the help of Cindy Smith is what made this boat float! I rate them right up there with the Ga. and Ore. bunch and that good company.
Every IHMSA member need to thanks Cindy regularly!
The Range :
The target visibility was as good as I have seen. I think that about all you could ask for.
OK most days it was hot HOT some days it was windy and every day you shot down hill these were main complaints I heard. WELL suck it up this is the World championship. AND “conditions” is what separates world class shooters from the rest. “Conditions “ is what brings the “cream to the top”. Really I think the “conditions” were mild but I’m still going to use it as my excurse. LOL
My shooting “high light” 1st. place “AAA” SB U with a score that was in the middle of the pack in the INT. scores This one means a lot more than the “AA” HS UAS or “AA” BB standing 1st. place
My fun “high light” 3 way shoot off for 1st. place “AA” FS UAS coming in second an’t all that bad.
My biggest disappointment the lack of afternoon/night group socializing like they do at the WCC
BUT at the WCC most camp at the range and free food everywhere reminds me of tailgating at a football game. And At the World championship most stay at hotels and are there to win not to socialize.
The price for admission I think was a little over priced for both entries and the banquet
Even at only a 60 round match I think the WCC is more “bang for the buck”. If IHMSA did not make money on this match I would like to know why!
1st. times advice I think it was/ would be a lot more fun to go as a “AA” “AAA” shooter than a INT. shooter. If you go as a INT. shooter and you’re going just to win and you can’t handle “Conditions”
It could be a long week.
OK yes this is the World Championship and is to decide the best in the world but sometimes that fly in the ointment is what causes excitement.
Would I ever go to another World championship? Not sure but glad I did go to this one
Would I ever go back to OKC? In a heartbeat
Bonus in my book I've got more friends now than before I went
This is solely my opinion and opinions are just that
hopefully Joe or someone will post the final results but in a nut shell the name Steve Martens covers most
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
40xmike
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 56263

Post by 40xmike »

Richard,
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Congrats on your great finishes too ^:)^ I always knew that you had it in you!
There was some talk before hand that the LASC club would be making a bid for the 2015 Int's. If that's how it plays out, that would put us in a position to make it for my "first time" next year :D
Glad you made it home safely,

-Mike

IHMSA 56263
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

Richard,

First you did well! I was hoping to spot you at least one gun, but that did not work out.

I did not take home any trophies but I did Spot shoot offs for Jerry Ray and Joe Cullison for 3 championship trophies :D :D

and now after driving home 1600 miles in 2 days, I slept like the dead last night i-)

After I woke up, Unpacked, then cleaned all the guns.

and last thing to do... Reload all that Ammo I shot for the LASC Extravaganza! :(
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Thanks Dan and others
Here's the whole point of this thread:
An average shooter("AA" "AAA") who does not get to shoot monthly matches every month CAN and SHOULD go to the INT./World championship
Because you can LEARN, have FUN, make new FRIENDS, and your only competing with people in your class.
And yes I did make some mistakes and yes I did let my nerviness show in my 1st. gun (and some in all guns)and no I didn't adjust to "Conditions" with my standing entries, and yes fatigue did play a part in my last. BUT as I've said all along that's what separates an average shooter from a World class shooter.
Did I have disappointment? sure, did I learn anything? you bet,
and if nothing else I/you can say
"Been there done that got the Tee shirt"
Attachments
been there.jpg
been there.jpg (76.71 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
tshirt.jpg
tshirt.jpg (26.12 KiB) Viewed 3142 times