My 1st. World Championship

User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

My 1st. World Championship

Post by ole95 »

I made it to OKC Range about 11:00 this morning. Weather was great cool and just a small breeze. Stopped by the office and fill out a little paper work and got my shooting times. Everyone was friendly and eager to help. I got to the line just in time to spot for the youngest Frey brother shooting PAS. This really helped get the feel of the flow of the match.
I basically spent the afternoon Watching looking and listening and trying to put faces with names. :-?
Later I spotted for the older Frey brother in SB revolver. Then I the Misses and the Frey brothers went to supper I had the Flamethrower burger it was and I did! :ymdevil:
I really feel more relaxed about this whole World Championship/INT .thing than I did this morning :ymsigh:
Tomorrow show time:
T time 9:00 Relay 4, position 1 U FS I’m “AA” ML with a high score of 34 so anything 70 and up get me to “AAA” and a new high score

T Time 2:20 relay 20 position 1 U SB “I’m “AAA” with a high score of 38 which If I match my high score I will be happy
Last edited by ole95 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
338whisper2
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57411

Re: My 1st. World Champoinship

Post by 338whisper2 »

Glad to see you made it safe,good luck tomorrow. :!! %%-
Life member IHMSA 57411L
Life member NRA
80X80
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Re: My 1st. World Championship

Post by Richard Pickering »

I hope all of you post personal best high scores. Richard
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
ole95
Class A

Post by ole95 »

Well I guess I can now say I have shot in the IHMSA world championship :ymparty:
Things did not go as good as I hope but did go as good as I really expected and really as good as It should have. :-?
My 1st. ever entry
U FS and as most know some days you can see the targets and sometime you can’t, today was some were in between.
On my 2nd bank of Chick I shot the 1st chick and when I looked up the 1st. was still standing and the 2nd. was gone So I’m thanking I have done what I normally do at least once in a day’s match SHOOT OUT OF ORDER :-? which pretty much rattled me for that bank 8-} . After that bank the guy running that part of the line came up and told me that I had hit the 1st. and it did not fall but the second did which was a malfunction and that I could have a alibi. Felling somewhat better until on the alibi shot that I did make But because of let’s just say a little interference I shot the alibi before “FIRE” so it did not count. :-ss
So now I’m rattled /embarrassed worst that before. Next bank same thing (this is real life you can’t make this crap up”) But I man’ed up and made that shot AFTER “FIRE”! and that point in time I’m about ready to sack it up and I’ve been there done that and get my T shirt and go home. :-s But then It really was funny and If someone ask If I remember my 1st. entry @ the World Championship I can say YES =))
The score was not a new high for me but is a new memory. I did feel a little better after I saw a real shooter shoot the Small bore Turkeys instead on the Half scale Turkeys. (-|
Next up U SB with Kickbass as my spotter \:D/
I shot the sighters missed low on the pig and had center hits on all others reshot the pig and center punched it the second time.
I cleaned the 4 banks of chicks and 1st. 2 of the pigs 1st. pig on 3rd. bank between the legs (remember my sighters lol) cleaned bank 4
Cleaned the 1st. 2 banks of Turkeys and then I did what I normally do in the course of a day Shoot out of order so I lost 2 cleaned the 4th bank so I’m now down 3. On to the Rams
high hit on 1st ram over reacted and shot under the next one now down 4. Missed the 1st. ram on bank 4
so I finished 5 down @ 75 which converts to 37.5 which I’m not sure if that was be a 37 or 38 which would match my highest score.
Now to the good new \:D/
I had a blast got to hang out/spot with the Frey boys spent a little time with Wheelgun :-@ , meet a lot of people. Plumpdude spotted for me on FS and thanks to him for that :-c . Got to watch Nutcase and the Cal crew do their thing. And I’m pumped about the fun I will have Tomorrow \:D/
Up next
Am UAS FS pm SB UAS ~o)
jrs
"ole78x80"
IHMSA #57528
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Richard, Just look at it this way. You have all the brain farts out of your system now and can settle down and get nothing but perfect scores. The 37.5 should round up to 38 so that is not too shabby even with a hiccup or two. Keep on having fun. Thanks for the update. I hope someone will be posting scores during the week.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Post by Richard Pickering »

J R (Richard) Just as a hint----most folks elect something they don't care a lot about as their 1st entry. If they have a head full of cobwebs it doesn't hurt so much on their score. But NOOOOOO !, you go right into fifth scale ----open sights no less.
Actually, a 75 in 1/5 is very good, especially as your 1st entry. As for scoring-----it rounds down. I have never seen one that rounded up.
I'll bet that everyone can tell you about their 1st Internationals entry. They probably cant tell much about their 2nd. So----for the remainder of the match-----lose the drama, ok, and just shoot each shot like it was the only shot that matters. RP
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
ole95
Class A

Post by ole95 »

No the 75 was in SB U, UFS was something like 56 LOL =))
Day 2
I started with FS UAS and because of all the problem yesterday on the “RED” bank :-?
I decided to use the Yellow bank. And the line director agreed as well the yellow bank was not any better ended up have to use the yellow and red banks to have 5 targets to shoot at. 8-}
Cleaned the Chicks and dropped one pig[/url] .
Then the Turkeys eat my lunch But I ended up with a 70 FS UAS which is a 35 and which is a new high score for me so happy camper
Next up
SB UAS clean thought 2 bank of Turkey then drop 2 cleaned the rams
So SB UAS score of 78 which is a 39 which not to bad for a “AAA” shooter happy camper
I had a fun day spent time with Jackie40x40, was on the line with John Anderson with Wheelgun spotting
Kickbass spotted for me on 1/5. Then after the match the kickbass family and the Ole95 family had Ice cream to celebrate Mrs. Ole95 59th. Birthday and then went to dinner with Mr. and Mrs Wheelgun for more celebrating. Fun day
here is a link to some score and pictures
https://2014ihmsaworldchampionship.shutterfly.com/19
Tomorrow
SB standing am SB production PM
jrs
"ole78x80"
IHMSA #57528
NRA
mugs
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by mugs »

Richard
Yesterday was Bev's birthday also. A little more than 59, i can't say how much more or i'd get my but kicked. Your making me wish i was there with all those pictures. Great shooting keep it up.
Mugs
Shoot only cast Boolits
Member since 1979 #5940
Former Match Director Anchor Rams
Former Match Director Phoenix Silhouette
Former Alaska State Director
NRA Life
IHMSA Life
Cast Bullet 80x80 1983
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

this is also my first world championship.

My present scores are:

BB UFS: 80
BB Prod: 76
BB UASHS: 76
SB Unl: 77
SB Rev: 72
SB Prod: 71

I think I am doing fine since this is the first 80 round matches I have shot since 2002!

still have BB Revolver and Unl 1/2 size to shoot.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
ole95
Class A

Post by ole95 »

Well the heat is here but that no excise
Started off with SB standing as was able to shoot the lowest score I have shot in 2 years. Started bad and without any spotter help just never recovered. I was on the line with Captain John and Steve Martens that make my sights. John was asking me how I like the Martens set up I told him I was sold on them but today they were not merical workers. Steve said you have to have the ability to hold them in the general area of the target!! So much so showing off my and new “AAA” class Standing shooting ability lol. After added up my score and I was writing the total on my score card A guy learn over and said Oh were suppose to convert it to a 40 round score
I looked and him no dude that 31 is my 80 round score. I thought Kickbass was going to wet his pants laughing . this real life you just can’t make this stuff of
On to SB production
Being A “INT” SB Production shooter I’m supposed to be able to run with the big dogs
Well I did until I got to the Turkeys as always with me Houston we have a problem slight bump and I got back on track with spotter help from Kickbass. Then for some reason I decide to miss the 1st. Ram in all 4 tries . ended up with I think a middle of the pack 67.

Pretty good day I did meet a couple of jerks but all in all most and especially the locals are super nice.
Tomorrow I start with SB US using my Production/standing gun with Mr. Martens sights the same gun I shoot both rounds with today.
here is updated scores and if you look real close and quick before it changes you will see I'm in 1st. "AAA" SB U and Tied for 1st. IN "AA FS UAS =))
https://2014ihmsaworldchampionship.shutterfly.com/14
Last edited by ole95 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrs
"ole78x80"
IHMSA #57528
NRA