ECC

wheelgun7360

ECC

Post by wheelgun7360 »

Bags are packed in the car. only 6 more hours and we will be out of here headed to Va. Dread the 15 hour drive, but it will be worth it. everyone that is traveling today and tomorrow be safe. be glad to see all my IHMSA friends again and to meet some new ones. Allen
User avatar United States of America
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Re: ECC

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Be safe buddy, finishing loading and departing on the morning.

Quite a few of us from central Ohio are rolling tomorrow morning, some traveling music!!

https://youtu.be/RVh179oXFao
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

Post by high standard 40 »

Any word on how the ECC is going? Scores?
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

high standard 40 wrote:Any word on how the ECC is going? Scores?
The ECC was a ton of fun! There were challenges for sure, not the least of which was heat indexes over 100 degreesbut Michael did .a great job. Fond memories and new friends, who could ask for more?
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

Just got home from the 16 hour drive from the ECC. Very tired so headed to bed. Like Brian said it was very hot and humid, but some good scores were fired despite the heat. I did not stay for the shootoffs so don't who won anything yet. Allen
Last edited by wheelgun7360 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
United States of America
338whisper2
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57411

Post by 338whisper2 »

Thanks Michael for hosting the ECC,we had a good time and meet new friends like Brian said what more could you ask for. ~o)
Life member IHMSA 57411L
Life member NRA
80X80
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Post by xp-100 »

It was not the most adverse conditions for a match, which everyone would agree I think. But, for the most of it I saw many new faces and met allot of new people and shooters. I believe Mike done one heck of a fine job trying to host the match with what help he had from the volunteers. It could have been better if he had a little more help but as a whole he done a fine job. There are many many shooters who doesn't have a clue to what goes into trying to run a match let a lone a regional match. I would like to thank Robert, Melvin, and Cato for coming in to help with the match also. It takes allot of effort and dedication so hats off to Mike, thank you my friend for hosting the match and being a friend. :ymapplause:
Last edited by xp-100 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

This was a great match and a great range. Thanks to Mike Graves for all his hard work. The target definition is amazing and great scores were the result.
The target setters were fantastic and I should have tipped more :ymblushing:
They really busted their humps the whole match.

Door prizes were amazing and I've never had a better catered dinner at the range. I had two steaks that were wonderful and thought about having another for dessert!
Special thanks to Marty, Melvin and Robert!
I have added another range and state to my list.
Mke you are the best!

Jim K
Rodent
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 27115

Post by Rodent »

It's over.

Phewwww.

Everything is put away at the range and at home - well maybe, not at home.

I am glad that the turnout was good and I appreciate the fine words. I could not have done it without the help of Robert, Melvin and Marty. Stuart and Bruce Barrett stayed and helped reset and move targets each evening. If it were not for the local shooters, calling the line at times, I would not have been able to shoot at all. Fred Fitzsimmons really helped out alot, before, during and after.

It was great seeing everyone. Ones that I had met before and ones that I had not. We are one big family and I could not think of anyone that I would rather spend time with. I am looking forward to going by and picking up the leftovers from Saturday night. Don't worry, I am not going to eat it all. I am going to run it by the Rescue Squad and feed the duty crews for a few nights. Although - the steaks are going home with me. :D

I did not have time at all to take any pictures, so I hope that someone will share what they have, it would be appreciated. Maybe a file that can be downloaded.

Robert is working on the end results and they will be posted soon.

I do hope that this was not the last ECC. If someone would be willing to take this on for next year, I know that there a some of us who will be there a few days earlier to help in anyway that we can.

Thanks again

Mike
Co-Match Director - Piedmont Sportsman Club in Gordonsville Virginia