2016 ECC/REGION 2 MATCH

User avatar Canada
borregos
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 52095

Re: 2016 ECC/REGION 2 MATCH

Post by borregos »

Mike, your dates are just fine with me too, fits my plans perfectly! A great 60 rounder then off to Tusco for their August match!
I had not realized that the internationals were now 60 round matches.
Pete
Ontario Provincial Director
Match Director, Galt Sportsmen's Club
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

jerry. I talked to mike about the dates and they are what he chose. I will be attending the va match myself even though it's 600 miles to ok and 890 to va. I would like to support region 2 and that's what i'm going to do. allen
User avatar United States of America
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Tonedaddy is spot on, as is Allen.

My wife is a wonderful woman who pretty much allows me to be a free range captive where Ihmsa is involved..... To a point!

Would have loved to have made it to Region 2 this year but by labor day even the patience of job is wearing thin, combined with the added expenses of any destination on a national holiday weekend and Labor Day is out.

I'm with Allen in supporting championship matches east of the Mississippi, if we dont support each other here in the east there won't be anymore big matches in our time zones!

Driving for two days to sweat like piece of spoiled pork for a week and drive two days home followed by 2-3 days to prep for ECC and drive again is insanely expensive when tuition takes precedence means see y'all in VA!
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

I too have made plans to be at Va in July. I quite agree that it's Mike's match to run as he pleases. I still have one question. Are we shooting a half day Monday or only shoot-offs?

Fellows spread the word and get someone else to attend.

I gave Mike my few pearls of wisdom. They were no more than a grain of sand.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Mike-- Thanks for volunteering for what will be a lot of hard work. ^:)^

I like the open format. Everyone is welcome. Attendance to all of these events is largely geographic and always has been. The ECC will draw shooters east of Nashville, WCC draws primarily California, Oregon, & Washington. OKC draws from those in the middle, or folks fortunate enough to be retired, and those who make hard choices regarding priorities.

I certainly understand the conflict for those of us in the geographic middle. My vacation time in past years has been limited, I have a crappy work schedule. Never been to Texas or OKC yet because of those factors. Next year, my schedule works out better to attend OKC, but still requires me to take 2 weeks of vacation (I get 3 weeks per year) so that doesn't leave me any latitude to go elsewhere.

I can't envision being able to attend the ECC in 2016, but I'll support your effort any way I can!!

Rich Hawkins
Indiana
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
35isit
State Director

Post by 35isit »

aggshooter wrote:Mike-- Thanks for volunteering for what will be a lot of hard work. ^:)^

I like the open format. Everyone is welcome. Attendance to all of these events is largely geographic and always has been. The ECC will draw shooters east of Nashville, WCC draws primarily California, Oregon, & Washington. OKC draws from those in the middle, or folks fortunate enough to be retired, and those who make hard choices regarding priorities.

I certainly understand the conflict for those of us in the geographic middle. My vacation time in past years has been limited, I have a crappy work schedule. Never been to Texas or OKC yet because of those factors. Next year, my schedule works out better to attend OKC, but still requires me to take 2 weeks of vacation (I get 3 weeks per year) so that doesn't leave me any latitude to go elsewhere.

I can't envision being able to attend the ECC in 2016, but I'll support your effort any way I can!!

Rich Hawkins
Indiana
You know you would rather be with us =)) in Gordonsville.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

I'll be there is spirit!! but my body still has to work. Another 14 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day, give or take a little. Then I join the ranks of Robert and Melvin, just travel, shoot, cajole, annoy, etc to every match I can get to. :))
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

aggshooter wrote:I'll be there is spirit!! but my body still has to work. Another 14 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day, give or take a little. Then I join the ranks of Robert and Melvin, just travel, shoot, cajole, annoy, etc to every match I can get to. :))
Hey, Rich.
It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!! :D
Robert and I want you to know that we appreciate your continued employment because someone has to pay into SS so we can continue to collect it and an occasional cost of living increase!!!! :p
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
35isit
State Director

Post by 35isit »

i26963 wrote:
aggshooter wrote:I'll be there is spirit!! but my body still has to work. Another 14 months, 2 weeks, and 1 day, give or take a little. Then I join the ranks of Robert and Melvin, just travel, shoot, cajole, annoy, etc to every match I can get to. :))
Hey, Rich.
It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!! :D
Robert and I want you to know that we appreciate your continued employment because someone has to pay into SS so we can continue to collect it and an occasional cost of living increase!!!! :p
Melvin
According to Robert Melvin didn't work before retirement :D . He slept on the side of the road in a yellow Suburban marked South Carolina Transportation Department :)) =))
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

Well, if it makes ya'll feel better, it was very uncomfortable sleeping in that van, as we did not have AC in them!!! :D
MC
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA