2016 ECC/REGION 2 MATCH

Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Re: 2016 ECC/REGION 2 MATCH

Post by Hosspower »

Once I told my wife about this she looked up Gordonsville and started picking out where to stay. Sad thing is I might end up sleeping in a yurt because she she likes to say the word.
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Mike - please reinstate your offer ! It does not matter what the match is called ! In todays world, an "Open" championship makes sense - you will probably get more entries that way. This is my opinion, for what it is worth. Unless my situation changes between now and then, I will not be able to attend - that is a LONG haul from south Louisiana. But, I hope that the match will be held - even if I do not attend ! Philip Braud Louisiana Director - IHMSA
Last edited by braud357 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for stepping up and taking. I will be there with bells on and try to shoot 14 entries!

Since I was the one who ran the last ECC, I feel qualified to make these comments;

The WCC and the ECC are not per se sanctioned matches as far as state and regional championships are concerned. Anybody can have an ECC or a WCC that wants to subject themselves to the tremendous effort required. Mike asked me if Tusco was going to hold the ECC again and I told that we did not have an interest.

As far as the ECC and Region 2 Championship being combined; it makes sense to combine them. It would be foolish not to combine them. I can't see why anybody would question the common sense. It is being held in region 2 and if they are not combined, and a separate region 2 match is scheduled, they will detract from each other.

Mike, I hope you decide to go ahead with match, personally I would make it the COMBINED ECC, REGION 2 and VA. STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Jim K
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

Well said, Jim!!!
I don't care what they call it, I will be there!!!! :p
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
User avatar United States of America
Rodent
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 27115

Post by Rodent »

Ok.
No worries.

It will be held at Gordonsville. It will be held Thursday the 28th of July through Monday the 1st of August.

Trophies will be at no cost to the shooters. But, they will only be given out to the Champions in each discipline and 1st Place in each classification. If a shooter wins multiple disciplines, One trophy will be given and it will list the shooter's accomplishments.

I will have a sheet with further info and sign ups coming out soon. Be sure to include your classification on the form, in the specified slot!! Jim, I am stealing ideas from the sign-up sheet that you sent out for the ECC.

As for what it will be called? East Coast Championships. This will be open to ALL shooters. With the decline in shooters at the different events, it is best to just combine them and call it one thing.

If anyone has suggestions about ANYTHING, please do not hesitate to give me a shout.

Mike
Last edited by Rodent on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Co-Match Director - Piedmont Sportsman Club in Gordonsville Virginia
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

va hear we come!! thanks mike for hosting this match!! :-bd :-bd :-bd allen
DaveC
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 55835

Post by DaveC »

Many thanks for hosting the match. I am looking forward to a new range and plan to be there but I insist on shooting next to ToneDaddy :)) :D
Last edited by DaveC on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

tonedaddy. you coming????
User avatar United States of America
Rodent
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 27115

Post by Rodent »

He better !!!
Co-Match Director - Piedmont Sportsman Club in Gordonsville Virginia
United States of America
jrywho
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 43487

Post by jrywho »

FYI
Internationals are scheduled for July 15-22 in Oklahoma City for 2016.
The date for ECC most likely will prevent some from attending one or the other. Region 2 has customarily been held on Labor Day weekend. Stretching the date out to September for ECC would possibly open the door for more attendance. Some have limited vacations which means selecting which match has the highest priority. Even if someone has adequate time off, taking it back to back probably isn't an option.... Not to mention all the preparation for two 60 round matches a week apart.
VA offers a challenging range with great people. Should be a fun match but this date seems to conflict with the Internationals.
Hopefully there is room for discussion on the scheduled date.
IHMSA 43487
NRA
Jackson Purchase Rifle and Pistol Club
Massac Gun Club