2016 ECC/REGION 2 MATCH

wheelgun7360

2016 ECC/REGION 2 MATCH

Post by wheelgun7360 »

i'm pleased to announce that the 2016 ECC/REGION 2 MATCH will be held at PIEDMONT SPORTSMAN CLUB in GORDONSVILLE VA. on JULY 28 thru AUGUST 1. this will be an open championship so make your plans to be there. i'm sure MIKE will chime in and give all the details soon. allen
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Re: 2016 ECC/REGION 2 MATCH

Post by 35isit »

Are these dates correct? August 1st is a Monday.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Good for Va.

Just curious, how are these things decided?
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

as far as the dates and combined match that's what mike told me he wanted to do. I personally don't see why it will be combined but i'm not the match director. as far as the decision as to where the match is held mike e-mailed me and offered to host the match. he contacted greg to see if they wanted to host it and greg said no so he agreed to host it. I think he should be commended for that. any other club out there that wants to host the match?? allen
Rodent
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 27115

Post by Rodent »

Maybe we should see if there are any other clubs out there that want to host the ECC and Region II. Do not have to be combined. Lets give it a while to give everyone a chance to step up and do some hosting. So - for the time being - I rescind my offer to host.
Maybe some conversation on the matter would be a good thing.

Mike
Co-Match Director - Piedmont Sportsman Club in Gordonsville Virginia
User avatar Canada
borregos
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 52095

Post by borregos »

Hope you end up hosting the ECC Mike, I was already planning the trip, never been to Virginia.
Pete
Ontario Provincial Director
Match Director, Galt Sportsmen's Club
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

had already planned on making the 14 hour drive myself. I have to turn in my vacation time by dec 31 for next year so i'm really in a mess. Internationals or ECC or Region 2 if there is 1. allen
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

wheelgun7360 wrote:had already planned on making the 14 hour drive myself. I have to turn in my vacation time by dec 31 for next year so i'm really in a mess. Internationals or ECC or Region 2 if there is 1. allen
WCC dates & location are determined. June 21-25 in Grants Pass, OR. Come West Allen! =)) :-j \m/ :ar!

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Whoa! I didn't mean to initiate a poop storm and Dont want it to develop into a poonami! I'd be cool with VA, I'd like to see Mikes daughter shooting by then and we could get "two birds stoned at once" by visiting our friends there. He used to shoot with me at tusco and around Pittsburgh back in the early 90's.

I understand people need to get vacation requests in but honestly I've never felt out of the loop in so many ways in any organization I've ever been a part of, let alone on the executive committee than with IHMSA.
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Post by AtomicDogg »

From my perspective, calling the match ECC/Reg 2 has no effect on anyone, other than the shooters participating from Reg 2. No different than having teams competing at the World Championship. The downside for Reg 2 participants would be an additional charge to cover Reg 2 trophies. It was/is also my understanding that the Reg 2 portion was also "open".
Let's not get hung up on "a name"; call the match anything you want too, as long as it is "OPEN".
Mike, please reconsider, you can call it what ever you want to.
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper