Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
User avatar United States of America
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Re: Wilmington Region II

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Any scores to post from "down under" the Mason-Dixon line?
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

no official scores but several 60's in uas bb and sb. I know of 1 60 in u sb and 1 in u bb. a good turnout so far. a few more guns in the morning and then the shootoffs. at least 2 59's in p bb. great place to shoot and plenty to do. shelia and I went to Carolina beach this afternoon and it was great. got to see the atlantic ocean for the first time. also toured the USS CAROLINA battleship a couple days ago. that was way cool. allen
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Would love to tour a battleship!
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
Rodent
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 27115

Post by Rodent »

It was good seeing everyone on Saturday. was glad that it turned out that I could make the trip. Drove by that battleship. Almost stopped on the way home. Very impressive. Disappointed that I could not hang around for the shootoffs. That would have been fun to see. I will make sure that if I were to hold this type of match, that shootoffs will be shot immediately after someone shoots a perfect score. Just like at the ECC. That is a great idea. I have been fortunate to have been able to attend the Region 2 and ECC in Kentucky last year. I was able to attend the ECC in Ohio this year and attend the Region 2 in Wilmington. It has been a great year. I hope to see everyone next year at the ECC if it is held and at the Region 2, wherever it is held.

Mike
Co-Match Director - Piedmont Sportsman Club in Gordonsville Virginia
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

Rodent wrote:It was good seeing everyone on Saturday. was glad that it turned out that I could make the trip. Drove by that battleship. Almost stopped on the way home. Very impressive. Disappointed that I could not hang around for the shootoffs. That would have been fun to see. I will make sure that if I were to hold this type of match, that shootoffs will be shot immediately after someone shoots a perfect score. Just like at the ECC. That is a great idea. I have been fortunate to have been able to attend the Region 2 and ECC in Kentucky last year. I was able to attend the ECC in Ohio this year and attend the Region 2 in Wilmington. It has been a great year. I hope to see everyone next year at the ECC if it is held and at the Region 2, wherever it is held.

Mike
Great seeing you again, Mike!!! Thanks for your support!! That was quite a whirlwind trip for you and it was appreciated!!!
I think Robert will try to post some scores after he recovers!!! We got home late afternoon, and we both were tired !!!
I have some pics I will get around to posting also
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
United States of America
jrywho
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 43487

Post by jrywho »

Judy and I wanted to thank everyone for the great hospitality during the Regional match. One of the best equipped shooting facilities we have visited. Most impressive was the range house with all the modern amenities. The layout of the range is quite impressive. Especially liked the dividers between each shooting position. The food for lunch and Saturdays dinner was excellent!
Great location for family considering all the entertainment and things to see.
We met some great new people and enjoyed seeing old friends.
The range worked quite well for those that shoot the flop position. Visibility wasn't an issue on any targets.
It was a great time, thank you!
IHMSA 43487
NRA
Jackson Purchase Rifle and Pistol Club
Massac Gun Club
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Post by Richard Pickering »

Dave Chaney and I could not help but add our praise for Jeff Fountain, Match Director, his wife and Chief of Operations, Renae, and of course the range stalwarts Jon Mix and his dad, Tom Mix. We had a great time. How could you not have an enjoyable match with folks who have an assortment of ''VooDoo Dolls'' in their shooting kit. Richard
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

Well said Richard. was a great match. thanks to all of the members of buccaneer gun club that helped put on the match. allen
Rodent
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 27115

Post by Rodent »

Richard Pickering wrote:Dave Chaney and I could not help but add our praise for Jeff Fountain, Match Director, his wife and Chief of Operations, Renae, and of course the range stalwarts Jon Mix and his dad, Tom Mix. We had a great time. How could you not have an enjoyable match with folks who have an assortment of ''VooDoo Dolls'' in their shooting kit. Richard
They did do a fantastic job. Looking forward to going back again.

Mike
Co-Match Director - Piedmont Sportsman Club in Gordonsville Virginia