preparing for the ECC

User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

preparing for the ECC

Post by ole95 »

After I told my wife we were going to Ohio to the ECC it has turned in to an ordeal. The 1st. thing she said was that the people up north were well educated and well to do and that I needed to spruce things up.
I’m thinking perfect timing and told her yep I need to buy me a real pretty gun cause all them INT shooter up there shot real nice pretty guns. That was not what she had in mind she was talking about sprucing me up and that gun money would be spent on me some new teeth. I told her I thought if I soaked them in extra strong solution every night the stains would be gone before we left. But she still has me in total make over mode my beard is gone and got a store bought haircut; we went to the thrift store where she bought me a whole new/used wardrobe. Said I was not going up there and wearing mama made overalls and no shirt all week I guess she thinks it will be to cold up north not to wear a shirt. When I told we were going out to eat as a group one night she got real pale. Next thing I knew she has some old lady over at the house to teaching me how to eat. I’m thinking I’m 62 years old and best I can tell have been eating all 62 of those years kinda figured I knew how WRONG!
The 1st. thing the lady did was tell me not to put my elbows on the table. Is this some kinda rule like not propping your gun? Then she started telling me about the two different forks and which one you used for what. Ok but all I need to know is which one you use for eating corndogs, chicken wings and tator tots at this point my wife is not very happy with me! Right now if you see some lady with me @ the ECC don’t ask her if she is my wife cause she will probably say she don’t know me and that she thanks I’m stalking her.
About 90 + hrs. till I pull out of the driveway =p~
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: preparing for the ECC

Post by 260 Striker »

JR, If you do all that us Yankees are going to think you are some slick politician from Wash. D.C. and are trying to get our votes and/or money. At least you have hair to get it cut!!!!! Beard would have been good but has been hot and humid up here lately so you might be cooler now. By the way, what is a fancy gun case? Most of my guns are basic black with a splash of stainless every so often. Still have the Tupperware stock on my Savage. Pretty don't necessarily mean accurate but I have seen some pretty guns that do shoot. Our local match is a come as you are type match and we all look scruffy by the end of the day.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Y'all don't fret none, we is real hospitable like up yonder here!

Y'all can get a team tonedaddy shirt as I'm fixing ta pick em up weds.

Dont mash the pedal too hard now.

If ya hear someone say sumpin funny like "keep your stick on the ice" its either me or some of our kin folk from Canada, its a hockey thing.
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

Now, now, ole 95....I'm sure she will be pleased if you just keep your feet off the table!
I can tell all you Ohio guys right now, Richard married WAY over his head!!!
:D
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

i26963 wrote:Now, now, ole 95....I'm sure she will be pleased if you just keep your feet off the table!
I can tell all you Ohio guys right now, Richard married WAY over his head!!!
:D
Melvin
waaaaaaay, waaaaaaay over his head!!!! allen
ole95
Class A

Post by ole95 »

Just a little FYI for those that don’t know me and will be spending time with me @ the ECC
I have a very sever hearing loss not only with frequency but mainly Voice recognition (ability to understand words) good ear less than 50% bad ear under 10%. Basically it’s like someone taking dictation that can only type 10 words a min. you fall behind in the conversation. I wear hearing aids but that helps very little with the VR problem. And normally I don’t wear them at the range. The reason I’m pointing this out if you come and starting taking to me and I have that glazed over look on my face I could be several things but more than likely it’s because I’m having trouble understanding what you’re saying. Or I may not even realize you’re talking to me if were in a group. Please do not hesitate to ask me if I understood what you said. I’m not embarrassed by this it’s just my normal way of life and it make my life easier if people around me know this
I’ve very much looking forward meeting face to face the friends I’ve made on this site and seeing a few that I have spent time with at other matches
Less than 48 hrs. and I’m pulling out of the driveway
and yes I married up It would have been imposable for me to marry down (legally ) 8-x
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
ole95
Class A

Post by ole95 »