2015 ECC at Tusco

United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

2015 ECC at Tusco

Post by Jimologist »

We are pleased to announce that Tusco will be holding the ECC in 2015. The dates are approved and that is what we were waiting for to make the formal announcement.

It is a four day match and the dates are Thursday thru Sunday July 30, 31, Aug 1, and Aug 2. We plan on an informal, laid back match similiar to the Shoot The Sun matches of a few years back.

It will be a 60 round match with immediate mandatory shootoffs for perfect scores. When possible, ties will be shot off before the end of the match. All other winners will be determined by countback.

There will be a total of 29 relays per day except for Sunday when there will be 14. First relay will start at 9:00am every morning with sighters available at 8:45. Thats a relay every 15 minutes which is pretty easy to do with the auto resets at Tusco. We will paint every relay.

Disciplines offered will be Big Bore, 1/2 Scale, Small Bore, 1/5 Scale and Field Pistol.

Big Bore, 1/2 scale and Field Pistol are in meters and Small Bore and 1/5 scale are yards. We will allow lever action rifles on the appropriate targets but silhouette pistols take 1st preference.

There is a registration form listed here in PDF form. I forgot to add a place for your IHMSA number so please be sure and include it. There are 3 banks of BigBore, 2 banks of 1/2 size and small bore and one bank of 1/5 scale and field pistol. That works out to 324 big bore, 216 1/2 scale and small bore, and 108 1/5 scale and field pistol available slots.
Cost to shoot is $10 per entry or $100 for the entire match. Thats a lot of shooting for a little money! Pete Durrant will probably shoot 18 entries so that makes his cost per entry only $5.55. (Pete, thats U.S. dollars of course. or Tim Horton's coupons)

There will be lunch at the range with the fare to be determined. If you attend our monthly matches we always have Hamburgers, Dogs, pop and chips at a minimum. Rumor has it that Bill Urbank is trying to sweet talk Carol Ann into doing some of the cooking.

All the shooters (and available spouses) typically get together at a local restaurant one night and that will be announced at the match. Either Friday or Saturday night.

Greg Rhineheimer has graciously volunteered to solicit door prizes from some of the vendors he obtained from the last two years. We are tremendously grateful for his help and assistance.

We are currently investigating the possibility of having t-shirts/golf shirts printed and an announcement will be made in the future if this comes to pass. This will be a separate to be determined charge.

Plaques are optional and there is a line on the registration if you want one. After the match I will have all your places engraved on a stick on plate that will go on the bottom of your plaque. This is exactly how it is done at the Internationals.
Information on hotels will be made in a future announcement, but we typically stay at the Best Western hotel In Urichsville, Oh. Closest bigger town is New Philadelphia and there are tons of options there from cheap to nice. If you want to get a jump on reservations, you guys all have computers and your all retired so you get a senior discount plus you all have AAA. So check it out.
There are three hotels listed on the registration form.

My email is jimologist@aol.com and my phone # is 614-214-6165. Please feel free to call or email your questions.
Mark Basham is the match director of Tusco and he can answer any question as well. His email is mbasham@columbus.rr.com

This will be a blast! I hope you all can make it. I really look forward to seeing the line full at Tusco again.

Jim Kesser
Attachments
ECCfinal_Registration.pdf
(98.27 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
Last edited by Jimologist on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Re: 2015 ECC at Tusco

Post by 35isit »

I am so glad to see the ECC lives. I will do my best on door prizes, and try to attend the match.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Knowing the crew at Tusco, this will be a first class match second only to the World Championships. Maybe Jim Scoutten should be notified to get some TV coverage on the ECC too.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
219DW
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 10127

Post by 219DW »

I like the format, similar to your 09 Regionals and the Shoot The Sun. Fun matches, good times had by all. I'll be there.

Dave Wood
United States of America
jrywho
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 43487

Post by jrywho »

Great news...
Thank you Jim and Mark for continuing the ECC for 2015. Several people from our range in Paducah have show interest and plan to attend.
One of our shooters made a suggestion regarding awards I thought may be worth passing on. Plaques and trophies really are not required. The cost would increase match fee's as you stated in your announcement. Possibly make a frame-able page on the internet. The award could be e-mailed to each person and they could print and frame themselves. Zero cost just someone spending the time to complete.
Once again, thank you Tusco! Also thanks to Greg for starting the ECC. With the Internationals being conducted in California for 2015 this could be an important match for those that cannot travel 2000 plus miles .
IHMSA 43487
NRA
Jackson Purchase Rifle and Pistol Club
Massac Gun Club
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Document to frame sounds lime a winner. I've got a couple new recruits in November and proof of success really enhances the experience for them there you g whippersnappers.
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

I'm very excided about this :ymapplause: I really like the no preregister. Now I don't have to decide what and when I'm going to shoot 2 months ahead ;)
sound like 8 or 9 guns over 4 days is very doable
"Document to frame sounds like a winner" High Standard 40 does this for his state shoot super nice.
"T shirt" would be a very big + for me anyway. All going to eat is always very important in my book as well ~o)
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
User avatar Canada
borregos
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 52095

Post by borregos »

Hey Jim, looking forward to it.
Saving all my Tim Hortons coupons like you said!

I will have to make sure I shoot my BB-UAS next to Greg, I know how he likes the 30-30.

Pete
Pete
Ontario Provincial Director
Match Director, Galt Sportsmen's Club
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

borregos wrote:Hey Jim, looking forward to it.

I will have to make sure I shoot my BB-UAS next to Greg, I know how he likes the 30-30.

Pete
If i come to the line next to you with that thing I'm leaving :((
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
User avatar Canada
borregos
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 52095

Post by borregos »

35isit wrote:
borregos wrote:Hey Jim, looking forward to it.

Pete
If i come to the line next to you with that thing I'm leaving :((
I may sneak up after you have shot your chickens :)) :))
Pete
Ontario Provincial Director
Match Director, Galt Sportsmen's Club