United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Re: 2021 Schedule

Post by i26963 »

braud357 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:54 pm
i26963 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:42 pm
ihmsa53393 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:24 am Another nail in the coffin for IHMSA. Probably due to the latest squabbling about the rules in a couple of categories. To have a whole club the size and quality of OKC drop out of IHMSA is a disgrace.
Let’s just say that there are 2 sides to this story
Melvin
I think that there are more than 2 sides to this story !!! ~x(
Philip,
I think you are correct!
MC
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Re: 2021 Schedule

Post by nutcase »

ihmsa53393 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:24 am Another nail in the coffin for IHMSA. Probably due to the latest squabbling about the rules in a couple of categories. To have a whole club the size and quality of OKC drop out of IHMSA is a disgrace.
Now, the first part is in response to you. The rest is for everybody.

First, Jim fields informed me about the decision to leave IHMSA before the squabbles about Categories started. the decision to leave was mainly due to this (and 2 other votes): https://www.ihmsa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5585

Now, No guns were disqualified about a stock during certification at the WC. But Numerous guns were disqualified for Too Long barrels, guns too long, Weight, and 1 gun with a muzzle brake in a category that did not allow it. This is a failure of Match directors not following or enforcing the rules and people then showing up with illegal Guns which causes shooters to get angry when they go to a championship. So, the attitude of Bring what you Brought and ignore the Rules Has to stop.

I need to be brutally honest, but this championship has to have been the worst ran firing line in my 30+ years of shooting Pistol Silhouette (this includes 12 NRA champs and 6 IHMSA world champs) and these are the reasons:

1. alibi's were only given a 15 second load time even though the rule book specifically states a 30 second load. This got ignored even though I showed them the rule until the last day of shooting when a 9 shot alibi came up. Then it got followed after that.

2. The constant problem of the BB Chickens and Pigs not staying up became a huge problem and never got taken care of. This caused numerous alibi's through the match and actually almost caused a fight when a shooter shot available targets (as required by the rules) and the Spotter on that bank went Ballistic.

3. I consistently found Range officers sitting in the Back BS'ing with other range officers and shooters and not watching the line. In Fact, Twice the line was called 'Safe' while I was still unloading my Revolver! luckily, no Target setters were sent out.

4. No Match results were posted after Wednesday. So no shooter saw the final results until it was posted on OKCGC's website. Along with this, numerous errors were found in the Champion's list which may have resulted for 2 trophies that went to the wrong shooter.

I will give High praise to the Target Setters. they did a great job and should be praised for their work.

Now, In Previous years Jackie Brown ran the line at OKC and he ran it like a well oiled machine in those years. But due to his health he is mainly out of the sport and I only saw him 1 day.

And this Pissed me off the worst. The treatment of the board and the rudeness to out of state shooters was just downright disgusting. I have seen this same attitude here on this website and Has made me make a huge decision. I am going to cut back my Pistol Silhouette shooting to almost nothing and shoot more rifle silhouette from now on.

People keep blaming the board for the problems in IHMSA. But I think it is time some of you look in the mirror and possibly you might be part of the problem.
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member