the complete history of ihmsa silhouette

NO COMMERCIAL VENDORS!
therose7
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 15213

the complete history of ihmsa silhouette

Post by therose7 »

i would like to sell my complete run of the silhouette from volume 1 number 1 to the end and my complete run of the ihmsa news as well as my complete run of the national silhouette report.
i offered it for sale several years ago for $750.00, and i got no takers. i overpriced it.
now i would just like to see that it goes someone who will take good care of it. all i want is $250.00.
i figure if i give it away for nothing, whoever gets it won't respect its value, so i want a nominal price for it.
i paid a lot more than that for it.
there is no other collection like this anywhere.
this even could be used as the basis of a series of articles in the current ihmsa news.
wouldn't you like to know who fired the very first 40?
please don't make me put this in the recycling bin.
if this is trashed, this information will be lost forever.
think about it. don't you think silhouette shooters a hundred years from now will want to know who shot the first 40?
don't let this be destroyed.
i plan to attend the internationals in texas this summer, and i can bring it all with me. it fills up eight wine boxes.
please email eric king at therose7@earthlink.net
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Re: the complete history of ihmsa silhouette

Post by braud357 »

Eric, I also have all of the back issues of "The Silhouette" and the "IHMSA News". I think that I am missing the April 1980 edition of "The Silhouette". Don't have any of the National Silhouette Report, although I did subscribe to it when Jim Harris was publishing it. And yes - they do take up a LOT of space !! --- Philip Braud
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
Alvin
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 1707

Re: the complete history of ihmsa silhouette

Post by Alvin »

You might be surprised that there are others out there that have the complete set. I have two myself......Elgin sent me a bunch of older ones(as in the first years copies) when I was doing research for "Shooting Steel". And yes....I've thought about throwing them out every winter when I clean out the attic, but just haven't yet. they do take up a lot of room....I put them in cardboard boxes that hold one year's worth at a time.

Alvin
Al Life 1707
Match Director for Tri-State Gun Club and Board member
President of the Iowa Handgun Metallic Silhouette Club
Joined IHMSA 1978
Life Member IHMSA, NRA, USPSA
Past Editor of IHMSA News
Past Region Five Director
Past Sec/Tres for IHMSA