Introduce yourself

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
plumbdude
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 57212

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by plumbdude »

Hello, Dave Smith from Cheyenne Wy.. 5 years ago I did not know IHMSA,, Now i cant live without it,,, The People are the best.
IHMSA Region 8 director
IHMSA Wyoming state director
CRPC match director
Jim Tolbert memorial IHMSA range manager
Assistant to IHMSA HQ operations
NRA LIFE member
IHMSA Life member
Certified NRA. R.S.O.
Dave smith Cheyenne
307-631-9742
United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57410

Post by Proclaim »

Jeff Bell

I've been around IHMSA people for quite awhile - very good people! I just started shooting IHMSA a year and a half ago. I've always loved shooting and always joined the local club, Holdrege Silhouette Gun Club, Holdrege, NE so I'd have a place close to home to shoot. I've always been very active in church so I really didn't think IHMSA would fit into my Sunday schedule. I started talking to some of the guys at the local club and they encouraged me to go ahead and show up whatever time I could on Sundays. So that's what I did and I've really started to enjoy it and I love talking to people from all over the country that come to shoot. Five years ago I was presented with an opportunity to pastor a church in neighboring Oxford, NE so I jumped at the chance and have been blessed for doing so. I also work part-time for a local farmer, and keep the Holdrege Country Club books.
My youngest son will graduate high school this year so I hope to be able to do even more shooting. Just wish the majority of IHMSA matches weren't held on Sundays.
Holdrege Silhouette Gun Club Member
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
oldnewbie
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by oldnewbie »

Brian Jacobs

Back in the late 80s I shot in Indiana for about 3 years then pretty much stopped shooting all together. Moved to Ga. a few years ago and am ready to get back into shooting again. Biggest problem I've found is trying to find a range near Marietta to shoot at to get back into shooting again.
Just joined IHMSA again so I plan on doing some shooting.
I know I have a lot to learn since things have changed since I last shot, but I know that the people that shoot in the IHMSA are good people and more than the willing to share what they know.
As some of you have seen, I WILL ask questions. :D

Glad to be back in the fraternity and looking forward to getting back into shooting again.
OldNewbie

Gonna give it a try again. :)
RockinHRacin
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 55010

Post by RockinHRacin »

oldnewbie wrote:...Biggest problem I've found is trying to find a range near Marietta to shoot at to get back into shooting again...
Brian - The closest one I know of is Gainesville, GA. It's on Candler Rd (Hwy 60) a few miles south of I-985. They only shoot SB & FP there. If you want BB, you have to go all the way to Lincolnton, GA (but they don't have SB or FP).

All in all, the GA (and surrounding area) shooters are really good folks. Gainesville's next shoot is 2 April and Lincolnton's next shoot is 26 March.

I hope to see you at either one.

Chris
God created Electronic Warfare Maintenance Technicians so pilots would have heroes too.
rwsem
Target Setter

Post by rwsem »

Hello all,
Ron Semerena here. US Army CSM currently in Afghanistan. Regular poster on Specialty Pistols and the Dan Wesson Forum under the same user name.

Approaching retirement after 29 years in service. I've reloaded since I was a teenager, started casting bullets about a year ago, primarily a handgun hunter, and shoot skeet as well. I've lived in Louisiana for 14 years and so I'm also obliged to duck hunt.

Looking at getting into some silhouette, cast bullet, and BPRC shooting after this depoyment. We'll see how much "free time" I have once I start a second career- whatever that may be.

Best Regards,
Ron
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Welcome Ron ! And welcome to the IHMSA forum. I remember you from "Specialty Pistols". Thank you for your service to our country ! I am currently in Georgia, but will be returning to Louisiana as soon as our real estate sells here. Hope to share the range with you soon - Philip Braud IHMSA #13794 **==
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
ouraydog
Target Setter

Post by ouraydog »

Hi, I am Bill Barton (74 years old) and did a little silhouette shooting about 20 years ago in the San Diego area. As I recall the local IHMSA group got pushed off the range in favor of a NRA group, but I don't really know the details. Since I wasn't a member of the NRA at that time I packed everything away and stopped shooting.

Recently I saw that some folks were shooting silhouette with scoped air pistols and that rekindled my interest. I bought a IZH-46 and put a 2x7 BSA rifle scope on it and have been plinking away at some 1/10 scale targets that I bought from Quality Steel Targets in IL. I had never tried silhouette standing before and it is quite a challenge for an old guy to settle down and hit a target. My best so far has been 26/40, but slowly I am improving by paying attention to the feet, body, grip, and trigger control.

I'm putting together a G2 Contender to try my luck at standing BB. I also have S&W Model 41 and a XP100 in 7mmBR from the old days, but doubt if I could still see the iron sights. I have sent off my membership applications to IHMSA and NRA and hope to find a few matches this spring and summer. My wife and I travel in our motorhome most of the year and will try to coordinate our travel plans with some matches.

Regards, Bill
RockinHRacin
Spotter

Post by RockinHRacin »

Bill, you probably shot with my Dad (Tom Holland) our there in Imperial Valley. I noticed a while back that they didn't shoot IHMSA anymore.

Chris
God created Electronic Warfare Maintenance Technicians so pilots would have heroes too.
RockinHRacin
Spotter

Post by RockinHRacin »

RockinHRacin wrote:If you want BB, you have to go all the way to Lincolnton, GA (but they don't have SB or FP).
Actually, Little River Gun Club (Lincolnton, GA) will be offering Small Bore as well as Big Bore starting in the April 23rd Match.

Chris
PinShooter
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 56422

Post by PinShooter »

Chris Bung
Silhouette league director for MTSC in central WI.