Introduce yourself

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
nycshooter
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57430

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by nycshooter »

Hi, I'm Joe Millan. I've been an IHMSA member for a couple of years and enjoy reading the IHMSA Newspaper. I have not competed at a match yet but hope to shoot one next month. I reside in NYC which is not really a firearms friendly city but we, shooting sports enthusiasts, venture far and wide to participate where we can.
DaveC
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 55835

Post by DaveC »

Great to see this site up, congratulations!
My name is Dave Chaney, I just turned 64 I live in Georgia and have been shooting SB/FP for about 5 years. I plan to start shooting ½ scale this year and spent the winter building a TC in 256Win.
kg4tyr
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by kg4tyr »

Name is David Pierce.
Haven't shot in a match in probably 30 years. I've been working with a guy that has me stopping at every gun store around, and it got me thinking about IHMSA, and remembering how fun it was. I used to shoot in SW Michigan, but now live in Tennessee. I see there is nowhere to shoot around here. I don't see to well anymore, but the memory is still good. I can still remember my IHMSA membership number after all of these years (17952)
David
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Member #17952
Why punch paper when you can SLAM STEEL!!!!
RockinHRacin
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 55010

Post by RockinHRacin »

Welcome back David!!

Whereabouts are you in Tennessee? The closest match that I know of is in Gainesville, GA and it's SB & FP only with the occasional 1/5 scale thrown in. You are more than welcome down there...

Chris
God created Electronic Warfare Maintenance Technicians so pilots would have heroes too.
kg4tyr
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by kg4tyr »

RockinHRacin wrote:Welcome back David!!

Whereabouts are you in Tennessee? The closest match that I know of is in Gainesville, GA and it's SB & FP only with the occasional 1/5 scale thrown in. You are more than welcome down there...

Chris
Thanks for the invite, but that's a 4 hour drive (I live in Sevierville). Got my priorities so it wouldn't be possible to go that far. Got spoiled way back when, we had 5 or 6 clubs within an hour of home, that held sanctioned matches.
David
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Member #17952
Why punch paper when you can SLAM STEEL!!!!
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

(JACKIE40X40 ) Hi folks Jackie Brown of Moore OK, shot my first match in 1978 at OKC gun club. joined IHMSA at the match. We got there at 8:00 AM, I got to shoot at 6:00PM. So many shooters took all day to shoot 1 gun. I remember i shot a total of 5 with a 6 in DW 357.had took some time off, came back in
june 1980.did not keep my old number. my current number is 13263.Former match director of Tri City gun club in Norman Oklahoma, from 1980 thru 1990,former co match director of OKC gun club for 3 years.Former region 4 director.
Last edited by JACKIE40X40 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

Thanks for the invite, but that's a 4 hour drive (I live in Sevierville). Got my priorities so it wouldn't be possible to go that far. Got spoiled way back when, we had 5 or 6 clubs within an hour of home, that held sanctioned matches.kg4tyr

Keep checking the schedule. They may still shoot in Knoxville and the Johnson City area.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
Young Guns
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57487

Post by Young Guns »

My name is Cameron Young. I'm in OKC and shot silhouette for the first time last season. I can't wait to get back out there this year and get better! I shoot big bore revolver with a SBH .44 mag. I really look forward to talking on here and learning more!
bill28320
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 28320

Post by bill28320 »

I began shooting in IHMSA matches at the Capital City R&P Club in Augusta, Maine starting in the mid 80's but took a break around 2000. I rejoined IHMSA 3 years ago and have been shooting a few matches a season. During the IHMSA's heyday in Region 1, my wife and I travelled to matches in Maine, New Hampshire and the 1991 Internationals in Oakridge, TN. I was the match director at CCRP for a number of years before passing the duties on in the mid 90's. Currently I shoot at the Lincoln County Rifle and Pistol Club in Damariscotta, the last IHMSA range in Maine and possible New England. My favorite catagory is and always has been BB unlimited and that is all I shoot at this time.

Bill Hayward
IHMSA 28320
flopmeister
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57207

Post by flopmeister »

I began shooting IHMSA in April 2007 at CVRPC in Conover NC. Before that I had played NRA CLR Silhouette, NRA SB Silhouette and 1000yd BR. I currently head up the Marksmanship Competitions for the IHMSA News and am an assistant match director for IHMSA at CVRPC and for 22TSC competition.
Joe Lassiter
IHMSA# 57207

David,
The distance for you to go to Gainesville Ga or to Conover NC is almost identical. We have big bore on the 3rd Saturday of every month beginning in April. You need to get in touch with Wayne Fish. they have matches around Johnson City I believe.