Introduce yourself

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
chicken pete
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by chicken pete »

Howdy, chicken pete here, new to met sil and love it.
Deerhunter70
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 47802

Post by Deerhunter70 »

I think I started shooting silhouettes at age twelve (1982). My Dad has shot since the beginning. I got my wife and two sons into the game as soon as I could. Sometimes at our monthly match at WOWCC there are three generations of Dunlaps on the line. My wife and I were match directors in the early to mid 90s. We mostly shoot Small Bore and Field Pistol. I just bought my first Big Bore gun last year and have been having a great time loading my own and knocking down the big ones.
Our home range is WOWCC in Williamsburg, KS. We frequent Tri-County in Linwood, KS.
Brett Dunlap
IHMSA #47802
Ottawa, KS
Former Match Director, WOWCC, Williamsburg, KS
Longhaul50
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 45642

Post by Longhaul50 »

Good Afternoon/Eve Folks:I am not much of a writer but i do enjoy reading post and the good News from fellow Steel Slammers.I was just Looking at my Membership/Classification Card and it seems
the last time i dropped a Turkey or Ram was in Gainesville,Ga.back in 8/02/03 with a score of 38 in UAS..I must of had a dam good spotter.I am normally a (AA) shooter except for one time at
Little River(Norman Range)when Tom Hilliey Loaned me a .22 Bolt and spotted me to the only 40x40 ;i have ever shot under cold windy conditions in March.
I have Missed you Folks.!!!I have stayed in Touch with Cast Bullet Buddy Richard Pickering all these years and plan to enjoy shooting steel again with his help.
I would not even begin to come up with what i am infamous for because i have pulled so many Pranks on Others.My all time Favorite was on My Friend and spotter Bill Cook. when i was ask by
Match Director Ed Bullock to cut out and Weld up some .22 targets for a State Match at Griffin Range.I told Ed i can do this since i owned a Machine shop and had plenty of scrape steel.
But i had to Make (1) Special RAM for Brother Bill.Seems Bill has always had a Tight Grip and shoots Low on the Ram at Belly Line or that Little Area where a Ram Shows his Manhood.. :))
So I made 1 Ram for the Ga. Match that the Ramhood almost touched the Ground.Seems Bill was not the only shooter that needed help with EXTRA Surface AREA that Match..
Folks i am Bob(Robbie) Barrett Life Member since about 1990 and i have sure Missed all and still have Very Fond Memories of Many that have Left the Range..
Have Fun Slamming Steel..Bob Barrett( Longhaul50@gmail.com)
United States of America
Shoot2Thrill
IHMSA President
IHMSA Member#: 57686

Post by Shoot2Thrill »

HI everyone, I am Doug Edney from Mercer, PA. I just joined IHMSA and I can't wait to shoot my first match. I am thinking about checking out Tusco the first weekend in June. I will probably be shooting smallbore. I have some questions because I am going in kind of blind. If anyone has any words of wisdom or specific answers, then I appreciate you time and help. Can I shoot a smallbore pistol with a scope standing? At Tusco, do I have to shoot both days? 40, 60, or 80 round match? How much is entry fee? Specific time to be there? Sorry, I don't know if it's anxiety or excitement.

I grew up around silhouette shooters. I remember my dad, Dave Edney, running the shoots at Jackson Center Field & Stream in western PA. Sadly, the shooting fell off at the club when I got to the shooting age. My DW 22, Buckmarks, and Contenders need to do more than just punch holes in paper.
Doug Edney, IHMSA President
NRA Life Member **==
IHMSA Member in good "standing"
Western Reserve Fish & Game Protective Association, PA Silhouette Co-Match Director
JimMcDonnel
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 35205

Post by JimMcDonnel »

Jim McDonnel here just checking in. Gonna take a while to read a bunch of the threads. :ymhug:
Former Director at Greenwood Gun Club
Former IHMSA Safety Director
JimMcDonnel
Target Setter

Post by JimMcDonnel »

Just checking in.....gonna take some time to read some threads. :ymhug:

Jim
JimMcDonnel
Target Setter

Post by JimMcDonnel »

Test.
poorbs
Target Setter

Post by poorbs »

My name is Bill Carpenter, and I am an older shooter from the Northeast, and relocated to East Texas in 1997. I did most of my shooting back in the 1980s in NY, NH, VT, RI, CT, and MA, where IHMSA matches were frequent and only a couple of hours drive from my home in Eastern upstate NY near Albany. I had good success over open sights with my 10" Contender in .357 Mag, a Ruger 10" .44 Mag revolver, and a 14" Contender rechambered from 7 TCU to 7R. I still have the Contenders and lots of loaded ammo, and wonder about getting back into things.
Last edited by poorbs on Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2whlgeezer
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57705

Post by 2whlgeezer »

Good afternoon. My name is Bill Hyde and I live in Oviedo, FL, near the Geneva range. Senior citizen, but only been shooting IHMSA silhouette a short while. My wife and I have been active in NRA Hunter's pistol in Chuluota for several years now. Jerry, K9RV got me interested and looking forward to this winter's matches.
Match Director
Geneva Fla
Donald1800
Target Setter

Post by Donald1800 »

My name is Donald Leonard, and I live within the 'Inland Empire' of California. Way back, when Elgin Gates ran the IHMSA Org., I fell in love with the Unlimited Class of pistols and cartridges. I was not interested in competition, only for hunting. After some research, I ordered 500 brass from Gates and had a custom XP100 made with a Fajen Dual Grip Stock in checkered Bastogne Walnut and a 15" Premium 1 in 10 twist Med. Bull Barrel chambered in 7mm IHMSA burning 38.5 grains of DuPont IMR4895 behind a 130 grain Sierra Pro Hunter bullet for 2400 fps. I have never regretted this weapon choice which 6 years ago was joined by a 2008 TenPoint Carbon Phantom Xtra with a 185lb. prod pushing a 425 grain bolt with a NAP Spitfire Pro mechanical broadhead at around 350 fps. Both use an EOtech Fiber Optic Sight. I'm not only 'Loaded for bear', I'm ready for the Zombie Apocalypse.