Introduce yourself

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
BentBarrel
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57592

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by BentBarrel »

Hello Everyone, I am from Sweetwater, TX and Cheyenne, WY. NRA and TSRA member among others. Brand new to IHMSA and it sure is different from the combat style shooting I am used to. But I am lucky to have some great shooters to learn from at Sweetwater Rifle and Pistol Club. Tom Behrend
Bobcat22
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by Bobcat22 »

^:)^ G'day Everyone,

Cody Abel, Australia... Most would recognize the last name.... Yes I am Rob Abel's Son... Started shooting IHMSA around 6-7yo through till 21yo... Had to give it up at the time as I moved away from home when I joined the Royal Australian Air Force. Though I am not currently actively shooting IHMSA I am still always talking guns and ammo...

Started designing wildcats about 2 years ago, and just about finished my first Project Rifle. Love my guns and shooting and greatly miss shooting IHMSA matches with Dad every weekend, Though I should be moving back to my home state shortly and will be diving back into the sport I love. (might be able to kick dads butt now he is getting older and the eye sight is slowly going) :p

I did make the trip with Dad over to the '99 internationals in Ft. Stockton and it was a BLAST :D I hope I can make the trip over again in the coming years.

Always up for a chat with anyone :-bd

Cheers
Cody
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

HI FOLKS JACKIE BROWN OF MOORE OK, MEMBER SINCE 1980,IHMSA # 13263. FORMER MATCH DIR OF TRI CITY GUN CLUB IN NORMAN OK FOR 10 YEARS, AND FORMER CO MATCH DIR OKC GUN CLUB FOR 3 YEARS.AND FORMER REGION 4 DIR
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA

Post by 260 Striker »

Made a reply before but never introduced myself. Lynn Shultz in West Central OH (DeGraff). Assocaited with the Logan Handgun Association based in Bellefontaine, OH. Current vice-pres, past MD, target welder, stand builder, skid maker, lawn mower and all the other important duties assocaited with helping to run a club. Joined IHMSA in 1980 using a 30-30 TC Contender and been shooting ever since. Old eyes don't see iron sights very well these days so focus on scoped guns. Found a deal on a 260 Remington Striker about 6 years ago and that gun has kept me shooting steel. It won't miss but occasionally I miss with it. Like to cast bullets and experiment at matches with new loads and new guns. Not conducive to good scores doing that but lots of fun. Great honor/pleasure to know the people on this forum and have even gotten to shoot with a few of them.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
357srm
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 27801

Post by 357srm »

Floyd Lober. Match director at SouthKent sportsman club. Member -joined in 1983.
F. Lober
Ccnati
Target Setter

Post by Ccnati »

I'm Caleb Nation, 14 in high school, and I had to do a paper :(( and did it on this and decided that I wanted to. I'm doing research into caliber... (9mm work for big bore?) going to be doing production big bore if the old man says I can competition shoot, I want to have all of my research done before I spring the question though. That's about it...
TeamTurpin
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57639

Post by TeamTurpin »

I'm John Turpin from Guthrie, OK. I've observed this sport for many years, but have never done anything about it until now. I shoot at the OKC Gun Club and will compete in my first match soon. I will shoot small bore this year and then tip-toe into big bore once I've learned the ropes some. Currently, I'm shooting a G2 Contender with a Martens front hood and a Williams target peep rear. I look forward to chatting with you folks.
United States of America
tking308
Target Painter

Post by tking308 »

Todd King from Western KY, Just looking to get started in IHMSA. I've shot practical pistol stuff before but nothing like this. Already had several people invite me to matches and I'll be making every one I can this summer.
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

Greetings! I am anticipating shooting this sport again soon. It's been about ten years since my last match. Griffin Gun Club in Ga. was the old venue, but will be trying Cherokee near Gainsville. Hopefully this Saturday.
Unsub
Target Setter

Aussie shooter

Post by Unsub »

Hi all from down under. Have not been shooting that long but the met sil has got me hooked. Currently shoot a 357 Contender, 22 Ruger single six and a Ruger 44 mag.I have only just started competing and went to the state titles last month and will be going to the nationals in September in sunny Queensland.
Good to see I am not the only one that could not get the farthest target answer to register. =))
Regards Peter.