Introduce yourself

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
79x80
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by 79x80 »

Paul Hittle here.
It's been a while since I've seen some of you, but I hope to change that soon.
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

It has been a while Paul. Hope to see you at Crittenden soon.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
johnranderson01
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 48827

Post by johnranderson01 »

Hi I am John Anderson. I shoot at the Oklahoma City gun club. I started shooting in the Houston area in 1991 where I was the
.22 Match Director at PSC until I moved back to Oklahoma in 1993.
John
IHMSA 48827L
Johnranderson21@gmail.com
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Richard Slaton from Roll Tide country
my IHMSA # is 57528 so you know I'm as green as a gourd
I'm 58
I've got all the signs of someone 58
working on my bucket list
had a heart attach, wear glasses and hearing aides (not because of shooting)and got metal in a few places in my body
been married to the some women almost 37 years (man she's lucky)
hunted and shot guns most of my life was always a better shot on game then was on targets
I've always been a Ruger fan and really love the single actions
in the late 70's we started a pistol club most of the members were law officers and most were only interested in
PPC and combat shooting. I never really liked shooting paper I guess from my hunting side when I shoot I like to see something fall
when the metallic silhouette started getting popular we gave it a try best I remember our targets were just metal squires we had
9 or 10 matches and then lost our range. Other than hunting with one I pretty much quit shooting pistols.
got knee deep into bow hunting and traditional archery pretty much gave up guns altogether.But now because of health reasons
my hunting and bows are winding down.after 20+years I got back interested in pistol shooting so here I'm am
Oh I'm left handed and my spelling is as bad as my shooting x_x
Now you know me as good as my wife does.
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
O2fly
Target Setter

Post by O2fly »

Hi all.
My names Craig Dean, I shoot IPSC and Service Pistol in New Zealand but have been bitten by airpistol silhouette after having a go once and now really want to get into it. Not much Silhouette pistol shot up my way but there is a air pistol match held once a month not to far from where I live.
I have joined the forum to learn abit about the rules and techniques and to keep up to date with whats happening.

Cheers all from Auckland, New Zealand.
:)
bj7mm
Target Setter

Post by bj7mm »

I'm new here-
I registered to see what is happening in IHMSA these days.

I've been involved in lots of different shooting sports. I started with registered trap, in fact I was going through some old photos today and found a photo of me with Elgin Gates that was taken at a trap shoot about 40 years ago. In college I shot archery and I really liked that, especially field archery. Archery takes a lot of time so I eventually got away from it.

Out of college I found a club nearby that did NRA hunter pistol Silhouette so I did that, but when IHMSA became popular I got into that and liked it too. Actually I think IHMSA big bore is the most fun I've had in a shooting sport.

Well for some reason IHMSA faded out in my area and I got involved in NRA highpower rifle, but I still think back on my days with IHMSA.
ihmsa70
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 70

Post by ihmsa70 »

Clyde Howard, Odessa, TX. IHMSA70L. My first match was the first one where IHMSA was formed in 1976. Shot a S&W revolver, .45ACP, loaded pretty hot. Score was 17. No prone position allowed, (standing, sitting or kneeling only.) At the meeting after the match John Adams was elected president, (Elgin Gates was gone to the restroom or somewhere when election was held) My shooting has slowed down through the years, have only shot at the Internationals for the last several years (79 yrs old), but still enjoy it. I've only shot Bordello the last two Int'ls. Way cheaper, and just as enjoyable. Get to see some of the old and ugly guys that I've known for 40-something years.
Clyde
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Clyde, you will be happy to hear that Dave Whitman (19L) is alive & well & shooting in Oregon!

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
SFC
Target Setter

Arizona

Post by SFC »

I'm a disabled veteran from 1968=1983. I was injured while doing my jungle training, remained in the Army while going through rehab and being reassigned a new MOS, Signal Intelligence. I loved the Army and loved what I did for the Army.

I have been shooting shotguns 20 Ga Ethica since 1957, bought my first 30-06 Springfield in 1964 and firest revolver R&H .22 in 1966. On leave from the Army in 1972 I drooled over a TC 30 Herrett and bought it along with an RCBS Rock Chucker and dies for the 30 Herrett. I shot open sights for 11 years when I was discharged form the Army Honorable as a disabled veteran. funny I did not feel disabled at the time. I was picked up by the DoD for another 15 years which meant travel time and being able to compete in Steel Sihouette with my 30 Herrett. Once I was told I had to go into surgery because of my knees that I injured in the Army needed to be replaced or repaired. OWCP and VA said to repair and that put me in a wheel chair. I can no longer reload ammunition because of the same time of my injuries to bo of my shoulders. I stopped shooting in 1997 until just recently as I felt I was tired of doing nothing.

I tested myself with my 9 mm pistols and 38/357 revolvers, surprizingly enough I blasted center of the target away at 15 yards and 25 yards. I just ordered a custom made Bullberry Encore with a .308 ported 15" barrel with a Burris 3x12 Ballistic Plex scope. To mainly hunt, with and since I have not competed in Steel Silhouette for 15 years I do not know which calibers are eligable to compete, I do plan on ordering a 15" 22-250 in the near furtue.

I am here to learn what is new in the IHMSA and the do's and don'ts
Life Member: DAV, NRA
Member: ASRPA, IDPA, USPSA
The sergeant is the Army Dwight D. Eisenhower
Justin Cider
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 44714

Post by Justin Cider »

I'm Justin. I like to drink beer and shoot guns. Just finished my last beer, so I guess I'll drive out to the range now. :-bd