Introduce yourself

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
onimod
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by onimod »

Hi to all. I'm a webmaster and provide reviews for software, including shopping carts (Magento vs Prestashop vs OpenCart) and CMS (WordPress vs Drupal vs Joomla). I live in Australia. Started shooting IHMSA around 8-9yo through till 24yo... Had to give it up at the time as I moved away from home when I started my university studies. Though I am not currently actively shooting IHMSA I am still always talking guns and ammo...
Zzzzz_man
Target Setter

Post by Zzzzz_man »

I was an IHMSA member from 1982-1984, shooting frequently at the ranges in Mount Sterling and Crittenden, KY. I loved it. I learned more about shooting and reloading during that brief period than I have in the last 30 years. Some of the nicest and most helpful people I have ever met wore the IHMSA patch on their hats.

I was pleased (and a little surprised) to learn that IHMSA still exists after all this time. I was browsing another forum, showing-off my latest Model 29 when IHMSA came up during the discussion. One of the members there directed me to this site to check-out the match schedule and re-introduce myself.

My name is Bill. I'm a married, 57 year-old software consultant with two grown kids. I relocated to the MD/VA area for my job about eleven years ago. When IHMSA stopped having matches in Mount Sterling, I switched to shooting 1911's and service pistols in IPSC and bowling pin matches. I haven't branched out much from there since then. My local club also stages monthly speed steel and falling steel matches that are definitely a challenge.

It looks like the closest IHMSA range for me would be at Piedmont Sportsman Club in Gordonsville, VA? If so and if everything is still a go, I'd like to renew my IHMSA membership and plan to join you in April for your first match of the year.
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

i'm sure Mike and the rest of the crew at Piedmont would love to have you shoot with them. Glad to have you back shooting IHMSA. Allen
User avatar United States of America
Rodent
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 27115

Post by Rodent »

Hey Bill,

Feel free to give me a shout sometime (540-661-9539). I am the Match Director at Piedmont and we can get ya started back up anytime that you wish. We would love to have you join us. I have posted the match schedule:

http://www.ihmsa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3170

MIke
Co-Match Director - Piedmont Sportsman Club in Gordonsville Virginia
Zzzzz_man
Target Setter

Post by Zzzzz_man »

Thanks! Hopefully, I can get a couple more to come with me. I think once they give IHMSA a try they'll be hooked.
Dettom
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 27930

Post by Dettom »

My name is Tom Adams. I used to shoot IHMSA back in the early eighties mostly in Southern California, (IHMSA #27930) and my home range was the old Boulder Range in Redlands CA. I believe it was called Inland Fish and Game. It's been closed for many years now as a result of legal disputes over zoning, lead contamination etc; the usual things in Ca that kill firearms sports. I drifted away from the sport as my career and family took over. I used to shoot Revolver with a Dan Wesson .44 mag and Production with a TC contender in .30 Herrett, both of which I still have. I'm now retired and live in Lake Havasu AZ and found IHMSA quite by accident as I was searching for loads for my TC Contender. Used to have an IHMSA reloading manual but I don't know where it ended up.
I started getting back into shooting and wanted to find some data and that's how I ended up in here. Glad to see IHMSA is still around. So, greetings to all of you.
United States of America
Polaris
Target Setter

Post by Polaris »

New Member, new shooter here. "Polaris"-Ryan Johnson. If any of you cross over into NRA/CMP Vintage rifles, you may know me from CMP forums or Surplusrifle.com.

At home in Frigid Minnesota. I'm an avid competitor in NRA high power (service rifle), and also Swiss Feldschutzen, CMP EIC, Vintage and Garand matches. Looking at expanding my horizons as 2 local ranges have IHMSA matches, and I enjoy handgun shooting, but have no stomach for the "action pistol" games. Spray and pray, time counts more than hits... ISH. Looking forward to learning a new game, and if any have questions on the rifle sports, shoot me a message, I can point you in the right direction.
United States of America
Redleg11B
Target Setter

Post by Redleg11B »

New here and not a member of IHMSA. I have recently picked up a 7 TCU barrel for my Contender and know it is used by quite a few IHMSA shooters so I figured I would try to link up and shoot a match. Sounds like a blast. :D I am near Elkhart Indiana, and have been shooting for 20 years, but never anything like this.
Castandshoot
Target Setter

Post by Castandshoot »

I'm a single shot lover, bullet caster, paper puncher, and occasional hunter. I'm thinking ihmsa would be a fun time but I'm new to this. Looking for a place to shoot in northern Michigan.
User avatar United States of America
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

Castandshoot wrote:I'm a single shot lover, bullet caster, paper puncher, and occasional hunter. I'm thinking ihmsa would be a fun time but I'm new to this. Looking for a place to shoot in northern Michigan.
Welcome MR. "Castandshoot". There are a lot of leadheads in here. Go here http://ihmsa.org/match-schedule.html to find a range near you. I'm not sure but I believe the Michigan ranges are in the southern or middle part of the state. Pete Durrant runs a match in Canada just across the border from Michigan. If that's close enough he can help with advice how to get across the border legally.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director