Barrel contour for XP-100 clone

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
User avatar United States of America
SteveJewels
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57964

Barrel contour for XP-100 clone

Post by SteveJewels »

I have a Model 7 action on the way (legal comments not required) to build an XP-100R clone. Lilja has quite a selection of barrel contours for XP-100 barrels.

https://riflebarrels.com/xp-contours/

I will be shooting standing, Taco(ish) hold, 6 X 45. Looking for suggestions as to the Lilja contour to use.

Thanks!
IHMSA 57964L

United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Re: Barrel contour for XP-100 clone

Post by Jimologist »

I actually did this exact same thing and I think I did the XP-7 taper because of weight. I will measure mine later to verify that. Lilja short chambered for me so i was able to hand turn the final chamber.

I dont know how it will work in taco. I have a tall Ken Light Hi Rise and a rear grip and recoil is no problem of course. I do not have a muzzle break on mine and it is in 300 whisper. I bought the action from Brownells and it was advertised as an over run blem. Remington supposedly made them for the US military and theactions are marked 300 ACC. I have never seen a caliber marked on an action before.
I have a solid follower block glued in so it is a single shot.
I received mine and did not designate on the 4473 what type of firearm it was to become and i have kept the original box.

Jim
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

Sorry to take so long to verify.

And dont ever trust my memory. It was a terrible thing to waste.

My barrel from Lilja was an XP-11 which is their closest to a Remington taper.

Jim
User avatar United States of America
SteveJewels
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 57964

Post by SteveJewels »

Thanks Jim.

No worries, PT&G has not given me a delivery date for the action and I need to find a reamer.

My goal is to have this pistol ready for next season. I need to get the SSK-50 together. Initially it will be 22 Hornet. I have requested 22 TCM be approved as a Field Pistol cartridge and I have a barrel for that which I may try to shoot at local matches to get it introduced to the IHMSA community.
IHMSA 57964L