BF pistols

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

BF pistols

Post by Hosspower »

What are the differences between old BF guns and the newer Eben Brown made ones?
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Re: BF pistols

Post by i26963 »

Mainly fit and finish. But some of the early ones had the ejector on the bottom of the chamber, and suffered from extraction problems and a tendency for the action to not stay open while loading. I’m not sure what year they changed the extractors location to the left side of the chamber
Melvin
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

Thanks Melvin, I have 1 numbered in the low 100's. It has the screw head on the side and side extractor. May have been updated at some point?

Yes, finish is rough. You can still see machine marks on each side of the frame. Almost like a high school shop project.
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Post by Richard Pickering »

I believe mine is #173. It is pretty much as Melvin described. However, it has a great trigger. I'd shoot it more but the extraction is a pain.
The chamber is tight and you better not fail to size cases enough. It will absolutely refuse just a little bit too long or a slightly high primer.
That is, if you can find primers. It would get more love if it was a .22LR.
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.