Globe Front Sight

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
User avatar United States of America
kerdunk
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57879

Globe Front Sight

Post by kerdunk »

Looking for a recommendation on the diameter of a front sight aperture. Will be using it for Smallbore Unlimited on an Anschutz Exemplar. Right now I have a Centra Front Sight, but if there is a recommendation for an entire front sight setup, I’d be interested in your feedback.
Tim Downs
IHMSA #57879
NRA Life Member
Teacher
contender1121
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57830

Re: Globe Front Sight

Post by contender1121 »

This is like asking what widths are best on a post and notch setup. Ask a dozen people and get a dozen answers.
For me personally, I use 1.1mm (.0435) on my Anschutz Unlimited gun and also on my air pistols.
I make my own using .062 thick clear cast-acrylic. I avoid extruded material as is does not machine well.
kerdunk
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57879

Post by kerdunk »

Ha! I certainly can appreciate the comment. I suppose that is what I am looking for ... opinions. I started at 4.5 mm and quickly determined that was way too big. I have ordered a 1.8 mm which hopefully is a big step in the right direction. I cannot find anything smaller that is commercially available. Of course, I’m still looking.

Thank you for chiming in on the subject.

Anybody else out there care to share their information?
Tim Downs
IHMSA #57879
NRA Life Member
Teacher
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

I started out using one of Steve Marten’s front sight that uses the thick clear disk Aperture and a Williams peep on the rear don’t remember the hole size. But now I use a King sight tube on my Exampler I shoot prone and made both front and rear apertures for shooting prone and use for both SB and 5th scale sorry I made this stuff 7 or 8 years ago and don’t remember the size
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA