Another Great IHMSA supporter has left the range

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
United States of America
captainjohn
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 39199

Another Great IHMSA supporter has left the range

Post by captainjohn »

Tom was a devoted IHMSA supporter, shooter for many years. Tom was Vice President when Steve Riddle was President. Tom and Rob Able took over the huge tack of rewriting our IHMSA bylaws. Hundreds of hours spent for each of them.
I had the privilege of shooting with Tom as a partner and traveling companion for several years.We shot in several state, regional and international championships together.
We always gave Tom a hard time about being the president of the “gun a month” Club as he would buy whatever gun others were shooting well in the past months silhouette paper. I just spoke with Tom for the last time a few days before he passed and reminded him of the “gun a month club” his reply was “I was always really good about buying, not so good at selling “
My you RIP my friend, pain and worry free. Thank you for all the good times we enjoyed together at the range.
Here’s a copy of Tom’s obituary:

Thomas Frank Leibold, 74, passed away Friday December 29, 2017 at his residence of cancer. Son of Dr. Herbert William and Eleanor (Kopushar) Leibold. Older sibling of Richard John Leibold. Tom’s parents and brother are deceased. Tom never married but was very dedicated to his immediate and extended family and friends. Tom is survived by his Aunt Jane Leibold and numerous cousins in Washington, Utah and Illinois.

Tom was a graduate of the University of Minnesota majoring in Aeronautical Engineering and Mechanics. Tom served in the Army during the Vietnam war. Tom was a life member of American Legion Post 577, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 295, and Voiture 838 of the Forty and Eight. Tom had a very successful career in Engineering, heavy equipment sales and insurance sales.

Tom will be greatly missed by his family and friends. Services will be at Kessler & Maguire Funeral home with Visitation 2-4 PM Monday followed by a Funeral Service at 4 PM. Friends are encouraged to make a donation to a charity of their choice in Toms honor. Private burial will take place at Shakopee Catholic Cemetery at a later date.
John Richards
IHMSA 39199L
Region 5 Director
IHMSA Industry Director
Minnesota State Director
NRA Life Member
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Another Great IHMSA supporter has left the range

Post by 260 Striker »

Sad news. Never had the honor to meet Tom but have seen his name many times over the years. Sadly we are losing many of the IHMSA pioneers.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Thanks John ! One year in Fort Stockton Tom was in the room across the hall from me. Wish I would have had more time to talk to him, but every time I saw him we were both running to something or another ! My sincere condolences !
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
User avatar United States of America
JACKIE40X40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13263

Post by JACKIE40X40 »

Sad to hear this about Tom! Condolences to the family's.