Production rule proposal.

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Re: Production rule proposal.

Post by aggshooter »

I'm going to wait on this and let it play out. I don't see a lot of shooters abandoning their adjustable sights for this.

Also, we already allow peep sights on P guns. So the question that no one is asking....is a reflex sight better than peep on peep? And if that answer is no, then allowing an inferior sight is not going to be an issue.

Finally, I want to hear from those who have made this transition and are shooting matches with a reflex. I want to know their scores, and their recent scores with that gun using open or peep sights.

Right now, we have a lot of discussion without any actual data, and that's unfair to all readers.

Looking forward to Lynn's report on his Taurus.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

A peep sight is not an optical device
MC
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
User avatar United States of America
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Post by AtomicDogg »

My comment is that Peep Sights, which to my knowledge, were pioneered by the Aussies and Oklahoma shooters; still require the alignment of the rear and front mechanical sights and the target. It appears that the Reflex sight only requires alignment of the "Dot"; like a Fighter Pilot, and thus (in my opinion) is similar, if not the same as an optic sight. Barrel length, weight and sights are what separates Production from the other categories(s).

Again, it is not the decision to accept this on a "Trial Basis", but the lack of communication with the membership to allow input prior to this issue being voted on; although for some the issue is the sight and maybe not the way it was introduced to the membership.
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper