Meeting

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Re: Meeting

Post by xp-100 »

I would like to clear one subject up as far as the front rest for children. First, the front rest would be for the local level match's only, no championship match's and will discontinue on the child's 12th birthday.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Example #2 of why unofficial meeting recap is just one person's recall (not always accurate) and should not be taken as official minutes. Patience.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

I'm glad to hear some rule changes were discussed but where did they come from? I have submitted suggestions for rule changes and never heard anything about them. Also, why was a front rest for 12 year olds discussed for PH when the current rules allow "a bipod or a sandbag" for PH A and AA classes? Was this new rule meant 12 year olds could use a rest for all PH classes? I think our rule change process needs a BIG overhaul. The general membership doesn't even hear about proposed changes until annual meeting minutes allow for trial periods. If that is going to be the norm, why not allow trial periods for all proposed changes to see how they will be accepted by the general membership? Sorry, sore spot for me.

This brings me back to another issue. All our committees should be reporting activities, or no activities, in the IHMSA News so we members know what is going on. That way these new rule changes would not just come to our attention when they are being enacted. The general membership should what is going on at HQ and at least be allowed to comment on things like proposed rule changes.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
bkraft
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 57644

Post by bkraft »

Thanks for the update I really appreciate the info. I'd like to thank all that made 2017 Internationals such a great time.
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

They made an announcement at the awards ceremony that the 2018 Internationals will be held in Oklahoma.
User avatar United States of America
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

wheelgun7360 wrote:It would be nice if the INTS. are held in Tusco next year. HINT HINT. Allen
You got that straight!
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

So, optic sights on Production guns!?
I totally disagree with this, even on a trial basis! Not going to happen at LRGC!
If you come to our match with an optic sight, be prepared to shoot it in UAS or PH.
MC
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

i26963 wrote:So, optic sights on Production guns!?
I totally disagree with this, even on a trial basis! Not going to happen at LRGC!
If you come to our match with an optic sight, be prepared to shoot it in UAS or PH.
MC
Melvin, as much as this rule might "help" me, (with my failing eyesight) - I cannot support this rule change ! We already have categories for reflex and optic sights ! I thought that Practical Hunter was supposed to cover this "need" ?
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
User avatar United States of America
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Post by AtomicDogg »

If it not in the IHMSA Software; we will not offer it as a class or category !!!!
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

As I touched one earlier. Where did this proposal come from? If our committees would have presented this proposal to the general membership for comments instead of giving it a trial period without input from the members, I think it would have been received better. Me personally, a NON-magnifying optic is not much more of an advantage than open sights. Granted you don't have to align a front and rear sight with a target but there is still no magnification. Am I for it? NO since the general membership was kept in the dark until the INTS meeting. Again, this whole rules change procedure needs updated. Who also has the clout to have a rule on a trial basis? If you the local MDs don't agree with rule changes then who can be expected to enforce them? Maybe these are INTs only rules!!!!! I'm sure we will hear more on this and other business soon. Hopefully the minutes will appear on the website before the next issue of the paper, whenever that comes out.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885