Meeting

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
United States of America
xp-100
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57405

Re: Meeting

Post by xp-100 »

260 Striker, the front rest or sand bag for 12 yrs. and younger is for the children to shoot all class's of IHMSA except standing. It was brought up that the children are not strong enough to hold the firearm in any other position. That is why 12 yrs. and younger and will discontinue on their 12th birthday. Also as stated, NO CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH's, LOCAL MATCH's only. I hope this clears things up.
Now for the Int. match, yes it will be in Oklahoma next year. No one from Tusco has placed a bid for it next year. The dates will come out in the news letter, which should come out in the next couple of weeks. If I am correct, the Int. will start July 13th, 2018.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA PC Coordinator(present)
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
xp-100
Class B

Post by xp-100 »

Now as far as reflex sights, this will be a trial bases only. It is not etched in stone but as said Trial Bases only at the present.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

As I said, not going to be even on a trial basis at L RGC.

MC
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

Bruce, thNks for at least coming on the forum and communicating with us!
MC
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
User avatar United States of America
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Lynn,
I have no idea where it came from.
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

I do not know where it came from either. Evidently this issue has made a lot of members upset though. Allen
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Convince me that a non-magnifying reflex sight gives the shooter no competitive advantage. Let's see, put a dot on target, press trigger. Iron sights, top of front sight aligned with top of rear sight. Watch side lights to ensure equal distance. Focus on front sight. Press trigger. Bad idea. Why bastardize Production? To bring in new players? AIR was to bring in kids. Where are they? PH was to bring in those hunter type folks. All it did was give existing shooters another scoped option.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

I GUESS WAITING FOR THE OFFICIAL MINUTES IS NOT SOMETHING ANYBODY WANTS TO DO.

My bad, I should never tried to post a recap. Won't make that mistake again. This is why I dislike the politics of a internet forum, too much jumping to conclusions without weighing all the facts.

The proposals were made in a timely manner, but the paper wasn't published and thusly members weren't notified. Not the fault of the member who properly submitted in a timely manner and in good faith. At that point, the choice is to either:

A) recognize the proposals were made in good faith and timely and consider them,
or
B) place a moratorium on everything because they didn't get published.

For those who weren't present, it really doesn't matter if you are for or against, you still would not have been in attendance. Nobody travels hundreds of miles just to attend the delegate meeting.

There were 30 people at the delegates meeting. If you had been there to vote against it, the vote would have been 30-2, 30-4, 27-7, or whatever. But it likely would still have passed. I'm a little offended that the people who don't attend the delegate meeting think that those of us who do attend are incapable of making decisions in the best interest of the organization. The fact that this are trial periods are testament to our collective concern to go slow and not enact something permanent without more member input & info.

I personally don't shoot PH, or flop, or revolvers with $400 Anschutz peep sights. If someone shows up with one, they can shoot it. I'm not going to boycott an event because I don't like that they offer certain disciplines, or that they aren't offering an event that I want to shoot.

Actually, I think the reflex sight applied to only seniors, but that's just my (poor) recollection. Guess we'll have to wait for the OFFICIAL MINUTES to be published.

We've done a lot in past years to attract newbies or keep older members. I was against UAS when it was first proposed in 1995, now I shoot it with everyone else. Rifle scopes and taco hold began with the NRA before it was adopted by IHMSA members. Peep sights started with NRA innovation, nobody actually hunts with a peep sighted TC shooting an underpowered caliber. This past week I saw a Ruger revolver with Anschutz peeps on front & rear. We opened the door to aftermarket sights.

Yes, there was discussion regarding the reflex sight. I'm not about to delve into it online. I hope nobody else does either, just a waste of time since everyone has already made up their mind.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
338whisper2
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57411

Post by 338whisper2 »

Well put Richard.
Life member IHMSA 57411L
Life member NRA
80X80
United States of America
xp-100
Class B

Post by xp-100 »

Rich, I have to hand it to you my friend. Well said. Also, you are correct. The reflex sight was supposed to be for the seniors and not just everyone who wants to use one. It's like the PC, it's not for just anyone, it was for those who are disabled.
NRA Patron member
NRA Endowment Member
NRA Life Member
IHMSA life member
NBRSA member
IHMSA VP (past)
IHMSA President (past)
32 degree Scottish Rite
3rd. deg. Master Mason