Are We Open For Business?

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57410

Re: Are We Open For Business?

Post by Proclaim »

19 Turkeys wrote:Jeff AKA Proclaim Wrote, "What measures have you taken to try to get the financial information?"

Nancy has an email address. She should respond. I see no need to call. Why have an email address if you are going to ignore emails?

Steve W.

Steve W. (and tonedaddy), you should call Nancy because electronic communications fail. Also, in this situation, to find out what is going on with the financials and overall organization, its the right thing to do. Not to mention a voice phone call is the next best way to properly communicate next to a face-to-face conversation. Online, forum bantering just further serves to frustrate more people, frustration none of us needs.
Holdrege Silhouette Gun Club Member
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

:-? :)] :!! :-@ :-bd
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Proclaim wrote:
19 Turkeys wrote:Jeff AKA Proclaim Wrote, "What measures have you taken to try to get the financial information?"

Nancy has an email address. She should respond. I see no need to call. Why have an email address if you are going to ignore emails?

Steve W.

Steve W. (and tonedaddy), you should call Nancy because electronic communications fail. Also, in this situation, to find out what is going on with the financials and overall organization, its the right thing to do. Not to mention a voice phone call is the next best way to properly communicate next to a face-to-face conversation. Online, forum bantering just further serves to frustrate more people, frustration none of us needs.
I have had phone conversations with both Warren & Nancy with no results. This has been an issue for 18 months.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Just my two cent comment but the financial statement is of interest to ALL IHMSA members and not to just a few who would phone or email for the info. I think we all want to know if our organization is financially sound. Plus, if the bylaws say a financial statement must be published, then it should be published.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin

Post by Proclaim »

260 Striker wrote:Just my two cent comment but the financial statement is of interest to ALL IHMSA members and not to just a few who would phone or email for the info. I think we all want to know if our organization is financially sound. Plus, if the bylaws say a financial statement must be published, then it should be published.

260 Striker, I couldn't agree more! Here's the point I'm trying to help people understand: Sharing our frustrations on a forum only serves to frustrate others and alienate more people from IHMSA. In 19 Turkeys own words, "I don't like bringing this information forward for the public to see", that's exactly right. SO DON'T DO IT!!

I want to see the leadership of IHMSA become what it needs to be in order to lead a first class organization. It doesn't and won't happen by making statements on a forum.
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

What can be done to see leadership become what it should be?

Are board members only allowed to speak amongst themselves? This is the IHMSA forum. A place for IHMSA members to have discussion.

As stated in previous posts there are directors having problems getting answers. If directors aren't getting the answers/information to pass along then where are us regular Joes expected to get this info?

Believe me, I understand that negative posts on open forum do not help perspective members. I joined IHMSA last year. I had never been on the forum before then. Shortly after Joining I found this forum and began to see that there are some issues. None that would keep me from continuing membership though.

My closest range is tusco. There is no way I could go there and complain about anything. I'm sure other shooters feel the same way. Those guys do so much to keep that place a great place to shoot. I read the same praises about all other ranges mentioned on this forum. Match directors are doing enough by putting on the matches.

Forum members ask questions. The most common response I see is "I will try to find out". Then nobody seems to be able to find out. Forum members then in turn get upset. Simple solution is to answer questions as they are posed. If you can not answer then humble up and ask for help.

My job title is manufacturing manager. I can only imagine what would happen at work if I didn't answer anyone's questions or ask another manager for help when I need it.
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Jeff (Proclaim),

In order to not air dirty laundry I have sent you a rather detailed PM with some things you need to seriously consider.

Yours,

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin

Post by Proclaim »

19 Turkeys wrote:Jeff (Proclaim),

In order to not air dirty laundry I have sent you a rather detailed PM with some things you need to seriously consider.

Yours,

Steve W.

Steve,
I received your PM and replied.
Let me know,
Jeff
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
KickBass
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57314

Post by KickBass »

Hey all,

I have not gotten on the forum for the past couple of months, but due to the number of phone calls and emails I have gotten recently, I figured something was up. Upon reviewing recent posts I want to at least clarify some items from my end on the IHMSA News.

When I took over in April, one of the priorities was to get the IHMSA News online, which we did starting with the May issue. In June, I got a call from the printers concerning an order they had gotten to no longer run the print version. I addressed my concerns and that issue was run in its print version, saying we would discuss it at the annual meeting.

In July, we did discuss it at the annual meeting, and I again addressed my concerns about not running the print version. Various alternatives were brought up, such as setting up our own print shop, but in the end, nothing was determined. The idea of setting up our own print shop had some merit, but I'll go on record as saying, "That is not what I signed up for, so if somebody else wanted to do it, that is fine. But that is something I'm not interested in doing." I've got enough other priorities in life than to take on that endeavor.

Then in September (which is when the October issue is submitted), I got an email saying once again that the IHMSA News would not be printed. I questioned that again, addressing my concerns about what a mistake this would be, and was given the response that a plan was in place which would not tick off members or leave anyone left out in the cold. I was given no specifics to that plan, but made the assumption that something would still be sent out.

By mid-October, there was still no IHMSA News in my, or anyone else's mailbox, so on October 20th, I sent an email to all officers/directors resigning as editor of the IHMSA News (you can also see an article in the Nov/Dec issue online on page 8 concerning this). I agreed to go through the end of the year, meaning I still put out the Nov/Dec issue, and that would give people 1 1/2 months to find a replacement. I still check my IHMSA email every week or so, and forward all pertinent information to Nancy, and now Cindy as well since she requested it. I think we got a lot of good things going this year, and by we, I mean WE… we had several people contribute articles and had some things in place that I thought made it a better publication, and it wasn't just me doing it. And I don't want that to stop.

Also if you read online the Nov/Dec issue, in the Presidents Report, it appears that the intent of the IHMSA News is only to be online.

I am not intending this to come across as a gripe session. This is just simply facts. I thoroughly enjoyed my brief tenure as the editor serving this organization, and I sincerely appreciate the people that thought highly enough of me to give it a try in the first place. But anyone that is personally acquainted with me also knows that I tend to keep a lot of irons in the fire and knows that I value my time allotment, and so to spend time on something that no longer seems to have a priority on getting published, then that is not an effective use of my time. I've got some things out there that I'm better at than shooting (to which anyone that knows me says, "Thank goodness!").

If you have any questions, please contact me. I hope this clarifies any confusion/lack of information that may have been out there.
IHMSA editor
4th grade spelling bee champion
Homecoming King runner up--'88, '89 Diamond (MO) HS
Past prom date for Tina "Boom Boom" Barlett
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

ok, I need to step in..

But, for all if we need a volunteer for something to further grow and enhance IHMSA, you have a volunteer here. I am willing to do ALMOST anything to keep the sport going!

Also, Just for Info, I will not nominate myself to any director position. But if somebody nominates me, I would most likely accept the nomination.

the first Thing I am volunteering is creating all IHMSA forms into an electronic format. with the tools I have at my disposal, it would take me about an hour to get all the forms into an Acrobat Reader format. And if Match directors would use them, I can create the match writeup forms into a Word document format Template file.

I do need to get new copies of all forms from Cindy as some of my forms I have kept still Have an Idaho falls address on them! :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

Now, I run my own website, which includes forums, FTP and Email servers. It is basically unused right now. My website is http://www.bleedinedge.com

I also started The IHMSA Facebook Page. If you are on Facebook, just look for the group called: IHMSA (International Handgun Metallic Silhouette Association)

Also, if you are looking for old load data, IHMSA history, Etc. I have lots of this stuff on Hand and should be able to provide it for you. If I do not have the info, I know where to get it.

My downfall though is I hate Phones! it is hard to get hold of me by phone.

But, If you need something, you can email me at: bleedinedge@comcast.net
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member