after season Rambling

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

after season Rambling

Post by ole95 »

I have a excel file that I track all my IHMSA entries and I was putting in the numbers for last Saturdays match And saw I was @ 99 entries lifetime. I shot my 1st. IHMSA match 06/04/11 @ Gainesville Ga.
My 1st. entrée was SB S using a Ruger Single six I shot a 6 then I shot FPAS with a Contender Hornet and shot a 14. This was the only match I shot my 1st. year. In 2012 I shot a total of 8 matches in 4 states with the most in Jackson miss. @ that time Jackson shot both BB and SB.I also shot my 1st. Regional match which was @ Jackson
In 2013 Jackson no longer shot SB so I made my 1st. trip back to Gainesville I shot 3 matches @ Gainesville that year including my 1st. state match and 3 BB matches @ Jackson and made a trip to the WCC for a total of 7 matches.
In 2014 With Jackson phasing out altogether I shot 2 BB @ little river and 3 SB in Gainesville including the Ga. State also shot my 1st. and probably my only INT and in Oct. shot the Louisiana State.
For 7 matches.
I’ve got 42 SB ,12 FS, 6 FP, 31 BB and 8HS entries. With SB UAS the highest at 14 and FP the lowest @ 6
And the only thing I’m INT in is SB production I’ve shot one 60x60 in SB UAS and one 40x40 in BB UAS so I’m match leg up in those. Most everything else is AAA or AA so I figure I’m a Average shooter
So 4 years,9 states, 23 matches and 99 entries a bunch of new friends and a couple of enemies later. I think I have decided I like this game we play.
This section of the forum is called Range Ramblings and basically that’s all I’m doing is
RAMBLING ~o) %-( :-@
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Re: after season Rambling

Post by nutcase »

lets see:

29 years later, including the 10 years I did not shoot due to unemployed or worked every weekend...

32 different guns I have owned :D

and God only knows how many different entries I have shot!

I guess you can say I love this sport :D :D :D

and Richard, you can Ramble all you want! we love your stories :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Took me over 10 years to reach some of the goals you have already reached but I have been accused of being slow. That is a great start and will only get better. This sport is a great way to spend money!!!!! Time to plan for next year and new, higher goals. Way to go. Keep the info and stories coming. Those will inspire others who are new to the sport (and us old fogies too).
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

This year was my 30th year in the game with tons of friends & more than 2 enemies (I've outlived most of the enemies I think - the ultimate revenge =)) ) & I still have not found an iron sight Small Bore 40! X( :ymdevil: =)) :ymdaydream: :-?? :D L-) L-) L-) L-)

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
jcunclejoe
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 54512

Post by jcunclejoe »

ole, I'm glad you mentioned the SB standing entry. My first SB standing entry was also shot with a Ruger Single Six. I scored a 6 as well.
My biggest year I shot 200 entries. I remember I shot 30 BB matches that year at over 4 guns average per match and then SB and FP to boot. A lot of traveling. There were quite a few 5 match months. At least 8000 rounds in competition not counting sighters or practice. I used to practice back then, oh wait, I still practice, but not as much.

I'm still searching for a SB Revolver 40. This will be the year. In fact Sunday may be the day.
Shoot often and shoot well.

Joe
Standing is my favorite category. (Not right in the head)

Oregon State Director
Bend, Oregon Match Director
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Anyone that really knows me knows to me it’s not about winning or losing but about making Memories, friends and the bucket list thing. My hard nose competing left me 10 years ago in anything!! :ymdevil:
I enjoy reading the post of the Ohio bunch ribbing each other and can only image what it’s like on match day. I’m sure there is some great memories made and maybe some yarns told each month. I’ve made a few “match memories” in my short IHMSA time and most let’s just say I got a little embarrassed by. :D
A couple of years back I went to Va. And shot with Rodent and his bunch. I think I started on SB Production, halfway through the 1st. bank of chickens the match director came over and said you do know those are the FP targets. :-\ 8-}
If you read my write up on my 1st. INT. you will know I may have set a record for the most embarrassing memories. x_x
I could write a book on my bloopers ~o)
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

You mentioned bloopers. Mine was shooting FP with a new gun and new load and no sight settings (normal for me) and drilling the first chicken dead center. Thought this was going to be a walk in the part. When all the ammo had been expended I had a grand total of ONE!!!! I was laughing so hard during the next 39 shots I was lucky to hit dirt. Did I have fun? You bet I did and of course had to suffer the ridicule from TD and others. Those are the matches I hope stay with me. Don't get me wrong, I will take the 40s too. After all, this is just a game. You have the right idea about making friends and building memories.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Post by nutcase »

ok,

First Joe, I shot my first SB revolver 40 in 1994. they come easier after the first one.

BUT, since coming back to shooting 4 years ago, I have yet to shoot a SB 40 with any gun :-o

and now to some of my bloopers.

one time I ended up shooting a SB 39 with no idea where the one shot went to, Until I noticed the bullet hole in my Leg Guard ~x(

and my latest, I ended up shooting a BB entry all the way through and ended up with a sore leg.. when I finished, I noticed I had the Blast shield on the wrong Leg. I will now get more than 2 hours sleep before I go to a Match! :ymblushing: :ymblushing:

we all do bloopers!
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member