2014 Louisiana Championship

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
User avatar United States of America
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

2014 Louisiana Championship

Post by high standard 40 »

We have finished the first day of the Louisiana State Smallbore, Fifth Scale, and Field Pistol Championship. 30 guns today and some fine scores were fired. We have shooters from Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, as well as our home state. We expect a shooter tomorrow from Washington State. This will be the best attended match we have had in quite some time. I can't begin to thank all those who are helping to make this such a great match. We had a mild cold front push through and the temps and humidity were down. It was just a very pleasurable day all around: Great folks, great weather, a beautiful range, and now great food. I am about to leave and meet the gang for some awesome seafood at a local eatery.

More info tomorrow.
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Re: 2014 Louisiana Championship

Post by braud357 »

What a great match ! We had shooters from 5 states in attendance, and completed the largest match that we have had in quite a while. Long distance award goes to Steve Mooney from Washington state . Region 2 director Allen Gaskin from Mississippi was here, also Richard Slaton from Alabama, who fired 2 personal-best scores and made the "100" Club - CONGRATS ! From the state of Florida we had our friends Wayne Smith, Steve Broxson, Harry Stover, Ernie Schluter, and Dave Neutzel. Steve Mooney and Wayne Smith both made the Field Pistol "60" Club. Thank all of you for attending the match. Many kudos to my brother Charlie Braud, for all of his efforts for IHMSA in Louisiana. Also a special "thank-you" to Charlie's wife Carolyn, who set targets for us all weekend. We couldn't have asked for better weather, or better company !
Last edited by braud357 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

Post by high standard 40 »

I think he meant to say "We COULD'NT have asked for better weather or better company"................and I agree.
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

I would like to personally thank Charlie, Philip, and Carolyn Braud and all the shooters that attended this match. Also congrats to Richard Slaton for his excellent 26 in standing. Good food,good friends is what this match was about. Sheila and I had a wonderful time and already making plans to attend next year. Thanks Charlie for the use of your Anschutz when my Anschutz failed. By the way I already put a taller front blade on it. Allen
TEFREY
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57239

Post by TEFREY »

Good to hear not everything from Alabama was neutered this weekend.
Nobody
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

high standard 40 wrote:I think he meant to say "We COULD'NT have asked for better weather or better company"................and I agree.
Fixed ! :D
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

It's hard to type and grin at the same time :D
this weekend was great starting with the weather and ending with a handshake :ymhug: and yes it eased the pain of football 8-}
as far for me yes I had one of my best if not the best match of my short time in this sport. And Charlie, Philip after looking a my records I had not 2 but 3 new high scores to go with my 101 three gun and I think that's a direct reflections on the atmosphere of this match smiling faces, handshakes and pats on the back.. the only tense moments I saw all weekend was Braud vs. Braud in the shoot offs and when it come to FS chicks @ 100 like Charlie said a 24x scope will beat a 6x every time. =))
Thanks for letting me be apart of a great weekend and in Remembering Ginny. :ymapplause:
Richard "ole95"
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Post by AtomicDogg »

Congrats to you "Coon Butts" in Louisiana....it's always great to hear or read of a really great match. I have experienced some of the match's joy just in reading the descriptions of the match; Thanks Again.
Now, let's all try to get together next year for the Region 2 BB & HS Championship at Little River Gun Club - Lincolnton, GA

Warmest Regards,
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper