Member Death

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 57229

Member Death

Post by 686 »

Hi name is Tammy Grueber. My father Charles Nickolson was a member on this forum and IHMSA. He loved shooting and this organization. As some of you may know he was battling prostate cancer. It is with a very heavy heart I must tell you he lost that 2 1/2 year battle last week. He was so looking forward to the Internationals this year. He had set his sights on going to Oklahoma as a way to motivate himself to keep on going with his declining health. He was planning on taking my youngest son Dylan but his health had just started to take a very downward turn at the begining of July. It quickly became obvious he would not be able to make the trip. When the members here found out everyone was so supportive. He was so touched by the out pouring of support by the fellow IHMSA members at this time. I remember seeing tear come to his eyes with offers to help my son Dylan attend the shoot.

I wanted to let everyone in the IHMSA family know of his passing he was an avid shooter and truly loved this sport. He has passed down the love of shooting to both my sons Austin 16 and Dylan 13. I'm so happy that my Dad got to see my youngest shoot 2 perfect 40x40's. That was a proud moment for him. Dylan will be continuing the tradition shooting BB this Sunday.

I wasn't sure where to post this. I hope this area was ok.
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: Member Death

Post by 260 Striker »

Very nice tribute to your father. I'm sure he is very proud of your sons and enjoyed sharing each precious moment with them at the range. IHMSA is one big family and shares your loss.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

We will all miss him Tammy. Glad I got to spot a gun for him last year in Texas.
ALLEN GASKIN
REGION 2 DIRECTOR
User avatar United States of America
hardtoseeovergut
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57702

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

We all share your loss Tammy. IHMSA is an amazing family.
Told wife she's lucky IHMSA is my mid life crisis, it's cheaper than a Corvette or chasing younger women!

Region 3 Sucker, nobody else wanted the job!