Did you hear

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
User avatar United States of America
nutcase
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 42084

Re: Did you hear

Post by nutcase »

ok, We are getting into some problems here!

the first problem was in the wording of the article. It was not the first perfect standing score shot, But the first known BB US 60x60 shot Under an IHMSA Sanction!

there have been 40x40's shot and that is not what this was about. this was about a 60x60 score.

Marvin Tannahill Did shoot an NRA BB Unlimited Standing 80x80 During the 1998 NRA National championships (I was at that championship) But at That time, The gun requirements for NRA were much more lenient than IHMSA (such as a gun could weigh up to 1 Lb heavier than IHMSA), So it could not count for an IHMSA record. The Match was also not sanctioned under IHMSA.

Roger Ward is an Unknown.

Lets not put our foot any farther in our mouth!
Daniel Hagerty
IHMSA # 42084L
IHMSA News Editor - 2015-2017
.22 records Coordinator - Present
CA State Director - 2015-2019
Match Director, Stockton Silhouette club 1990-1995
NRA Patriot Endowment Life Member
KickBass
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57314

Post by KickBass »

tonedaddy wrote:I thought the other perfect scores were in field pistol, which makes Joe the first perfect score in Big Bore.
These were in BB US. Allen Olsen scanned his copies of the IHMSA News and sent it to me. I must say it was really interesting reading the Record Program names--lots of people on there that are still shooting well today.
IHMSA editor
4th grade spelling bee champion
Homecoming King runner up--'88, '89 Diamond (MO) HS
Past prom date for Tina "Boom Boom" Barlett
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

Speaking of interesting reads and names. Recently my brother and I were going through some of our late fathers archives. It was cool to see the name Ted Zysk on the 1981 Jackson Center , PA score sheets.
KickBass
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57314

Post by KickBass »

Any time you see or hear the name Ted Zysk, it is cool! It would be great to see those archives of your father's, very cool that he held onto them.
IHMSA editor
4th grade spelling bee champion
Homecoming King runner up--'88, '89 Diamond (MO) HS
Past prom date for Tina "Boom Boom" Barlett
jcunclejoe
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 54512

Post by jcunclejoe »

Jeff Hunt sent me a very nice letter and copies of his scorecards showing 3 perfect BB - US 40x40's starting in 1999. Jeff was and is a fantastic standing shooter. I met him in Ohio and probably drove him crazy asking questions. Very nice guy and very helpful too. I am proud to even be in his company. Another great standing shooter I remember watching in the Big Bore Records Program was Hal Simpkins (PA). He did some great standing shooting also.

I believe there were several people that shot perfect PAS 40x40's and I'm pretty sure some of them did it multiple times. I'm still working on that one, best so far is 38x40 or 57x60 for me.

Soon I will be taking over the World Records program from Richard Keisov. I will review those records and ask for any and everyone to send in everything they can so we can get the records straight and make sure that everyone get the credit they deserve.
I hope people liked the article and I hope at least one person somewhere is able to pick up one more target to achieve a personal best or set a record from the things I have learned and shared. Many others shared their tricks and techniques with me and all were helpful in some way, I just want to make sure I pass along the favor.

Thank you.

Joe
Standing is my favorite category. (Not right in the head)

Oregon State Director
Bend, Oregon Match Director
jcunclejoe
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 54512

Post by jcunclejoe »

The records that I have seen show that the record for BB standing is a 38. I believe that has been done 2 times by different guys. I will not say who until I verify that information.
I believe the SB record to be a 37 shot by a great shooter out of Ohio and for the life of me I can't remember his name.

Shoot often and shoot well.

Joe
Standing is my favorite category. (Not right in the head)

Oregon State Director
Bend, Oregon Match Director
United States of America
MetalCutter
Spotter
IHMSA Member#: 35804

Post by MetalCutter »

Houston area shooter Gordon Rysavy shot a big bore standing 38 at Greenwood Cun Club near Brazoria, Texas back in the late eighties. If I recall he used a 10 inch Contender chambered in 7MM TC/U. Think he missed one turkey and one ram.

Cheers,
John
No job is so simple that it cannot be done incorrectly.
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Hal Simpkins from Maryland is the other 38x40 Standing shooter
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

MetalCutter wrote:Houston area shooter Gordon Rysavy shot a big bore standing 38 at Greenwood Cun Club near Brazoria, Texas back in the late eighties. If I recall he used a 10 inch Contender chambered in 7MM TC/U. Think he missed one turkey and one ram.

Cheers,
John
John, one of the things that I am most proud of in my silhouette career is that I won S- INT class at the one match I attended in Greenwood, way back in 1996. I shot a 31x40 - Mr. Rysavy shot a 29x40. (It was a FLUKE !)
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
Jimologist
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 51873

Post by Jimologist »

Gary Rex is the Ohio shooter that shot the small bore standing 37.

Jim