what ya doing new?

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: what ya doing new?

Post by 260 Striker »

Can't wait till better weather gets here to work up some loads. Have some 130 grain bullets ready for FP and some 165 RCBS bullets for BB. I'm sure the cartridge will be very accurate with the right load but then again you haven't seen me shoot standing!!!!!! I'm getting lessons from ole!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
22Bobcat
Spotter

Post by 22Bobcat »

I have a few Wildcats on the drawing board. Just don't have the time to think about go forward with them yet... My 22 Bobcat Custom Magnum I designed and built needs to hit the range for final load development... Though this is a Long Range .224 Rifle for Varmint hunting.

Projected Ballistics:

50gr V-Max Moly Coated - 4400fps
55gr Nosler Balistic Tips - 4233fps
60gr V-Max - 4078fps
64gr Berger Match Varmints - 3968fps
69gr Sierra Match Kings - 3856fps
69gr Nosler Custom Competition - 3855fp

And my baby :)
Stiller P1000 Single Shot Action, Left Port, Right Bolt, Right Eject, Jewel HVR with bottom saftey, Manners MCST4A Stock, Lilja SS Match .224, 28" 1:10" Twist, Millet TRS 4-16x50 Mil dot Scope, Harris BR 's' Bipod.

Sorry for the Hijack... lol =))

ihmsakiwi
Target Painter

Post by ihmsakiwi »

:) :-bd Hi Bobcat,

Recently got my 30BR XP100 back from a switch-barrel re-barrel. Shoots great with RCBS 165gr cast, using readily available 2207 powder. Peter.

22Bobcat wrote:Waiting on my new 30BR to be finished for UAS and UASHS..

Waiting on my newly acquired RPM XL with the .22LR, .357mag and 270max to get shipped out...

Mid-way converting my 14.5" Shillen Barreled Anschutz to Single Shot mid grip in a new McMillan stock..

Want to crack a 40 in 5th scale.

And get to the mid 30's in Cowboy L/A Silhouette in both Rimfire and Pistol Cartridge...

Got 5th scale and HS match tomorrow at my club..

Dad will be running his new 7mmPPC Wichita for its first match...

Love having 4 weekends a month to shoot at my home club 15min from my place.
Generally Shoot Cowboy L/A MS on the first weekend, FP on the 2nd, BB on the 3rd and RF on the 4th.. apart from special shoots.. =))
22Bobcat
Spotter

Post by 22Bobcat »

Hey Peter,

Mine is on a Stiller Predator Single Shot Action, Left Port, Left Bolt, Jewell HVR trigger, SS fluted 1:10" twist, 15" with a Vias Brake on it. :)

I got 1000 Nosler Custom Competitions 168gr's, Lapua 6mm BR Norma brass, We have a few molds in .30cal so may run cast for the first 100 meters.

I got a K&M 6mm-.30 Expander to open them up in one pass..

Can't wait to shoot it..... When I get it. lol

I will give a few powders a go.. I think BM2 will be the go around 26gr for 2000fps, maybe 2219 and 2207 to see whats best.

Cody
User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

I'm getting lessons from ole!!!!
:-B
Lynn tell them why
"he's the 2013 Ga. state SB standing agg. champ" B-)
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :o) :o) :o)
Boy I bet some folks set up to the mic this year and make sure that never happens again :-?

Sorry for the Hijack... lol =))
no problem Bobcat if you think this thread should be all about you ^:)^ Just as long as it NOTabout doom and gloom :ymdevil: X(
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
22Bobcat
Spotter

Post by 22Bobcat »

meah.. back to the shadows I go then (-|
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Sorry Bobcat came out a little different that meant #:-s
this thread is all about you and what your doing and what every one is has done and doing >plans for the future. happy stuff \:D/
remember I have not been here that long so all is interesting to me
it's not like the other thread that is doom and gloom /piss and moan about something that no one here has the power to change :-@

there is some people that need there feeling hurt me being one of them :(( but don't figure you are :ymapplause:
Sorry again
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Post by 19 Turkeys »

To follow Bobcat's example with a bit of an off IHMSA topic post, several of us are putting together a squirrel hunt east of here later in the year & I will be buying a Savage "basic rifle" heavy barreled synthetic stocked 17 HMR with a BSA Sweet 17 6-18x40mm scope. Both are on sale & with rings I should be all in for $270. Now, I just might invest another $75 & have the stock Cerakoted. I also have a spare aluminum 3" wide block that was on an air rifle I sold that I will mount to fit my front rest. It should be a bare bones, on the cheap killer!

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
22Bobcat
Spotter

Post by 22Bobcat »

ole95 wrote:Sorry Bobcat came out a little different that meant #:-s
this thread is all about you and what your doing and what every one is has done and doing >plans for the future. happy stuff \:D/
remember I have not been here that long so all is interesting to me
it's not like the other thread that is doom and gloom /piss and moan about something that no one here has the power to change :-@

there is some people that need there feeling hurt me being one of them :(( but don't figure you are :ymapplause:
Sorry again
Just pulling your chain... :-@ =))

Sounds like fun Steve... got to mix up the shooting here and there. :) thought about the new/newish 17WSM?? would be a blast to play with in the 17cal rimfires... just need a good rifle platform of the shelf for it.. Have not heard much good stuff on the Savage 17WSM.. :-s

Cody
United States of America
jrywho
Class C
IHMSA Member#: 43487

Post by jrywho »

Looking forward to a great shooting year. I have decided to shoot only scoped classes this year. The eyes just don't focus well on open sights other than peep on peep.
I have put together an XP-100 in 300/221 complete with muzzle brake, 5" Ken Light mount and HS rear grip stock for BB-US. Also converted my 300/221 US gun from previous yrs to BB-UAS and 1/2 scale. It now has a Falconberry/Zimmerman laminated grey flop type stock. Also installed a JP muzzle brake. Optics are fixed 25X Leupold. I have finally decided muzzle brakes are here to stay. Thus, will no longer fight the issue. One great thing about the Whisper cartridge is the lack of report. It shouldn't be too much of an issue for my fellow competitors. It just doesn't rock the ground like others. There is something to be said for flight time and accuracy though.
Purchased a stainless 10" MGM 22 Hornet barrel for PAS. It also has a 3" Ken Light rise with a variable scope.
Last, for Small Bore will continue with UAS and 1/5th scale with a flop type Anschutz 64-P and Weaver 36X scope. Shooting US-SB with a 10" Ruger MK II. It has a 4" Ken Light rise.
Goals are to make International class in SB 1/5th scale and BB 1/2 scale. Also in US BB and SB!
Next, since I have a shooting "wife" I must make sure her equipment suits her expectations. That is a work in progress!
IHMSA 43487
NRA
Jackson Purchase Rifle and Pistol Club
Massac Gun Club