I didn't know that.
Nobody
ihmsakiwi
Target Painter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Re: A total Revamp

Post by ihmsakiwi »

IHMSA80x80 wrote:
TEFREY wrote:The fact that people fly half-way around the world to attend answers the question for me.
Those people get all their expenses paid for by their countries. If someone paid all my expenses, I would be there every year.
Not the Kiwi's. The Kiwi contingent only gets their entry fees paid. All international airfares and accommodation and all other costs paid by the shooters. I know most of them spent between 5K and 10K each.
:(
KickBass
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57314

Post by KickBass »

ihmsakiwi wrote:
IHMSA80x80 wrote:
TEFREY wrote:The fact that people fly half-way around the world to attend answers the question for me.
Those people get all their expenses paid for by their countries. If someone paid all my expenses, I would be there every year.
Not the Kiwi's. The Kiwi contingent only gets their entry fees paid. All international airfares and accommodation and all other costs paid by the shooters. I know most of them spent between 5K and 10K each.
:(
Wow, thanks for your dedication to the sport.
IHMSA editor
4th grade spelling bee champion
Homecoming King runner up--'88, '89 Diamond (MO) HS
Past prom date for Tina "Boom Boom" Barlett
22Bobcat
Spotter

Post by 22Bobcat »

And do you realize their governments pay all their expenses for them to be here?
Hardly...

I can't even remember how many trips Dad (Rob Abel) made over the years (15+?) He worked out it cost HIM around 25K out of his own pockets to get there over the years + using his holiday's from work... Half the time all he did was gun checks and the board meetings..

Little different now with SSAA chipping in more.. But if you take in the factors of taking your partner that does not shoot / time off work and so on... Its still not a free ride by any means. And I think any shooter that travels there shows how much they love slapping steel..

Cody
KickBass
Class B

Post by KickBass »

I'd love to see Australia host the World Championship some day--need a good excuse to take my family there!
IHMSA editor
22Bobcat
Spotter

Post by 22Bobcat »

KickBass wrote:I'd love to see Australia host the World Championship some day--need a good excuse to take my family there!
We have National's every year... in the 30+ years these has not been many travel from the US to shoot it. We used to get a few from NZ come over.. Not so much these days.

Its always open for any one to come over and shoot.. ;)
KickBass
Class B

Post by KickBass »

What time of year is your nationals held?
IHMSA editor
22Bobcat
Spotter

Post by 22Bobcat »

KickBass wrote:What time of year is your nationals held?
Around October.. This years venue and dates should be set in stone shortly.

We generally rotate to Nationals every year to a different state. This year it should be going to Victoria as long as they can secure the range... if not it will be in the ACT.

Next year I think it would be back up to QLD.

Good time of year to have them out here.. just starting to warm up heading towards summer.
KickBass
Class B

Post by KickBass »

Thanks for the info--that is something we will definitely look into sometime in the next few years. We have actually talked about it for a couple years now, would like to do it when our daughter gets a little older.
IHMSA editor
22Bobcat
Spotter

Post by 22Bobcat »

KickBass wrote:Thanks for the info--that is something we will definitely look into sometime in the next few years. We have actually talked about it for a couple years now, would like to do it when our daughter gets a little older.
It's a good excuse for a Family Holiday. :)

First time I went to the US my Mum, Sister and I few over and met Dad at LAX after he had done the shoot (I was 12yo) then we spent around 4 weeks sight seeing....

2nd time we all went together to Ft Stockton, (18yo that trip) I had a blast.. Only shot in Rimfire matches.. Not much for mum and sister to do though with me and dad were at the range.. Then we did 3-4 weeks of travel around the US after that.

I would love to come back over and drag dad for one more trip... But I think it needs to be someone new if I am going to drag dad and mum on a one last US trip..