Are We Open For Business?

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
User avatar United States of America
19 Turkeys
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 33287

Are We Open For Business?

Post by 19 Turkeys »

I have been trying to find out some answers for quite some time concerning issues I am having with the organization. In fact, it almost looks like IHMSA has closed its doors without telling anyone.

1. The bylaws require publication of financials 2 times a year. We have seen none since mid year 2013.
2. I have been trying to get match supplies from the new HQ for 3 months. My repeated phone calls & emails go unanswered except for a couple of very cryptic emails. One indicated supplies were shipped yet nothing has arrived. Cindy also mentioned that Dave was ill. Not sure what is going not there.
3. We have not seen a Nov/Dec IHMSA News & another member has called Joe Frey and that call has gone unanswered.
4. I emailed Nancy LaCroix several days ago and that email has gone unanswered.

I don't like bringing this information forward for the public to see, but we have some serious systematic issues with the organization which causes me great concern. Given the above, I am no longer submitting match reports to HQ or paying sanction fees. I am not sending money to an organization that appears to be non-responsive to the membership.

If anyone has any knowledge of what is going on I would appreciate knowing.

Steve W.
Past Match Director, JCSA - Grants Pass, OR
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
Past Manager of IHMSA HQ West
NRA Patron

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
wheelgun7360

Re: Are We Open For Business?

Post by wheelgun7360 »

got a match director in region 2 that's about to start his season in about 3 weeks. he has not received his match package either. I e-mailed nancy asking her to look into it. I know that dave has been in the hospital recently. don't know any other details. will try and find out some more info though. allen
United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57410

Post by Proclaim »

I am trying to make contact with Cindy at headquarters to see if there are problems. I'll let you know when I find out.
Holdrege Silhouette Gun Club Member
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
19 Turkeys
Class AA

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Proclaim wrote:I am trying to make contact with Cindy at headquarters to see if there are problems. I'll let you know when I find out.
Jeff,

Appreciate your help but where are the financials, why no response from Nancy, where is the paper? Many unresolved issues. In 30 years of membership I have not ever seen this failure to provide service. As i stated earlier, I have suspended sending in sanction fees & match reports until I have answers. No reason for me to throw my club's money down a rat hole. I will continue to post match reports here.

I do not like airing dirty laundry on this forum but this is my last resort since I cannot obtain answers through normal channels.

Steve W.
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
NRA Patron

Ihmsa Headquarters
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 57212

Post by Ihmsa Headquarters »

Yes we are open for business! I have had a trying few months here! My husband almost lost his life and was in and out of the hospital for 3 1/2 months!! I am sorry to all this has effected I want you all to know I am back up and running so please call my cell phone 307-421-3802 o will get back to you all much faster! If I have not gotten items out please call or email me with what you need and I will get right on it! I do have pdf files of the new score cards I can email you to print cards off till I get my stock back up I am printing them off and plan on getting them out! Just please let me know what you need.

Thank you
CINDY
19 Turkeys
Class AA

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Cindy,

Thank you for your reply. I look forward to receiving my shipment. And I do hope Dave is doing better.

Yours,

Steve W.
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
NRA Patron

United States of America
Proclaim
Site Admin
IHMSA Member#: 57410

Post by Proclaim »

Jeff,

Appreciate your help but where are the financials, why no response from Nancy, where is the paper? Many unresolved issues. In 30 years of membership I have not ever seen this failure to provide service. As i stated earlier, I have suspended sending in sanction fees & match reports until I have answers. No reason for me to throw my club's money down a rat hole. I will continue to post match reports here.

I do not like airing dirty laundry on this forum but this is my last resort since I cannot obtain answers through normal channels.

Steve W.[/quote]

Steve,

What measures have you taken to try to get the financial information?

I have no idea why Nancy has not replied to your email, have you tried calling her?

IHMSA News, I guess there have been some changes with all of that so hopefully I receive it from the print company tomorrow.

Jeff (aka Proclaim)
Holdrege Silhouette Gun Club Member
IHMSA Website Manager
IHMSA Life Member
NRA Life Member
19 Turkeys
Class AA

Post by 19 Turkeys »

Jeff AKA Proclaim Wrote, "What measures have you taken to try to get the financial information?"

Jeff,

I have had 1 conversation with our Treasurer. i have emailed Nancy on numerous occasions. I have had multiple conversations with my region director. None of these has resulted in publication of financials.

Nancy has an email address. She should respond. I see no need to call. Why have an email address if you are going to ignore emails?

Steve W.
Past JCSA Board Member
IHMSA Life Member
Past Editor IHMSA News
NRA Patron

United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Cindy, I hope things are much better now on the home front. Lynn
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Post by ole95 »

Cindy thanks for sharing and hope David gets well soon. Your top priority should be your family needs. this stuff can wait if not then maybe the once that though we did'nt need a paid office manager can step up and volunteer and give you a hand and maybe take over the books /statement so the report will be on time and and maybe edit and publish the paper
You main job right now is taking care of our VP David
anything I can help with let me know
Richard
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA