Tusco October 2014

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
United States of America
Shoot2Thrill
IHMSA President
IHMSA Member#: 57686

Tusco October 2014

Post by Shoot2Thrill »

Great weekend at Tusco even with the wind, rain, sleet and cold temps. I have to thank Jim Kesser for selling me a 270 ren setup and also loaning his Freedom Arms 454 Casull for Tres Banditos. My first time doing the Tres Banditos, I was able to take the mastodon with my first shot from that casull. Hit it top of the back and it fell. I have to thank Bill Urbank who gave me pointers on shooting taco hold. He also let my brother and I shoot many rounds thru his 32 H&R Mag barrel. Also, thank you Jim and Bill for all that you do at Tusco. I am forgetting others, but thank you everyone. Oops almost forgot about Bill's wife cooking us lunch. Couldn't get thru those cold days without some fuel.

If you haven't seen Tres Banditos, then check it out on Youtube. Hopefully, there will be some videos posted soon from yesterday's shoot. I'm already thinking of what I'm going to get ready for next year. It won't be anything like what some of these guys are shooting. I cringed every time Jim Kesser touched off with his big gun.
Doug Edney, IHMSA President
NRA Life Member **==
IHMSA Member in good "standing"
Western Reserve Fish & Game Protective Association, PA Silhouette Co-Match Director
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Re: Tusco October 2014

Post by jmoore »

So what is Tres Banditos? Three man teams that go until all targets are down? Looked on Youtube and it appeared to be a "Mad Minute" that lasted about 5. Haven't done that sort of thing in a while, and definitely not IHMSA! :)
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

There are (2) 3 person teams going head to head. Each person is allowed 2 guns. Usually 1 gun for smaller targets and 1 for the big footed chicken, big footed turkey and the mastodon. The team that knocks down all of their targets first wins. The mastodon has to be the last target to fall. If you shoot the mastodon before all of your other targets are down then your team is disqualified. Your are only allowed to use handguns. No limit on what type of handgun. I saw a 380 auto's, ruger chargers, etc. up to 45/70's, 338GNR's, etc.
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

Thanks for the explaination! Ought to be fun.

Might give the Fudds something to complain about, depending on where you are, though.