Little River G. C. Georgia

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
United States of America
Richard Pickering
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 5905

Little River G. C. Georgia

Post by Richard Pickering »

Today we closed another Silhouette season at LRGC. If I am correct, the silhouette matches have been held there since about 1981 or '82. There was an old shed cover built about that time. It finally became unusable and was replaced with nicer metal covers. Over the years there have been a few revisions on the range configurations; mainly to separate the big bore from the small bore and field pistol area. This helps with controlling the noise as well as reducing the traveling distance.
We owe a great thank you and appreciation to Mrs Elizabeth Norman who graciously allows us to visit and shoot. Without Elizabeth's blessing we couldn't exercise our sport.
Additionally, we need to recognize the ''operations crew'' consisting of Mr Robert L Walker, Mr J Melvin Calliham, and recently joined by Mr Ken Hale and Mr Stephen Kuehl. These are the folks who put forth the effort each month. Thank You, one and all.
I'm sure I speak for many. Richard
I have served as assistant match director, Southern Silhouette club, 1980s. Also, the Griffin Gun Club for Silhouette during the 1990s, to about 2005. For a short period I authored the ''Cast Bullet'' section of The IHMSA News. Joined IHMSA March 1979.
User avatar United States of America
ole95
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 57528

Re: Little River G. C. Georgia

Post by ole95 »

I second all of that
I just got home from spend 2 1/2 days of shooting and BS ing
With my shooting brothers and sisters
As always they made me feel at home
If not for the above mentioned a long with Richard Ron and Sherrie
I would have give of silhouette not long after I started
They have supported me with tips, advice and "stuff"
That has help me reach goals I have set. My wife get as excited as I do about traveling to the State of Ga.
To visit our shooting friends
Thanks for taking us in and making us feel welcome
Jrs
jrs
"ole78x80"
Life's easier when your only average
IHMSA #57528
Match director Backyard range 2013,2014
NRA
United States of America
jmoore
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57653

Post by jmoore »

Another big Thank You! from a Big Bore rookie. One couldn't hope for a better welcome.
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

Thanks, guys! It was a great turnout this weekend.
RP, you are right that Elizabeth Norman is so good to us! She is a sweetheart, and we love her very much.
Richard P, You have been one of our most loyal shooters at LRGC, and we really appreciate that.
Richard Slaton, we always enjoy having you visit and shoot with us. And you always seem to shoot well at our range. A 57 P, and a couple more personal best scores!
Jmoore, we are happy you started shooting BB, along with Kurt. We need some new blood in our matches.
Robert, Stepen, Ken, and I love this sport and the people in it. We always want anyone that visits us to feel welcome. That is our goal.
We also really enjoyed having longtime shooter Steve Arnett vshoot with us. Wish he could make more matches!
MC
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Never been to your range but have been there in spirit for every match. Really enjoy reading your match reports. Your crew and the shooters who attended your matches are the backbone of IHMSA. I hope you had a very successful season and will be up and running again in 2017. Great job everyone!!!!
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885
high standard 40
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 11568

Post by high standard 40 »

I've had the pleasure of shooting at the Little River range a few times, once was earlier this year. It's a great place to shoot and the people are top notch. I wish I didn't reside so far away so that I could attend more often.
IHMSA Member since 1980
Former Match Director Baton Rouge Silhouette Club
Current Match Director Ascension Silhouette
Current Match Director Saline Creek Silhouette
Current Match Director Top Shot Silhouette
NRA Life Member
NRA Range Safety Officer
wheelgun7360

Post by wheelgun7360 »

Me Tooo Charlie. Allen
35isit
State Director
IHMSA Member#: 36827

Post by 35isit »

Mrs. Norman is a darling. There are very few people who would open there property and wallets to silhouette shooters, but she will. It is a great place to shoot if you keep the cows out of the way. People think you're kidding when you say you're going to a match in a junkyard. The new cover is much better than the old one. Just ask M. P.. Some of the old timers will know who I'm talking about.
Greg
Life Member of N.R.A.
80X80 7/27/2010
Ky State Director
United States of America
braud357
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 13794

Post by braud357 »

Everyone is correct - great range in a unique setting with great people, whom I am indeed fortunate to call friends. Concerning the old firing line and the "mp" incident - I was there to witness one of those episodes. It was not pretty ! :-s
IHMSA # 13794 Joined May, 1980
Match Director Ascension Silhouette Gonzales, LA 1991-2009
Louisiana IHMSA Deputy State Director 1983 - 1985
Louisiana IHMSA State Director 1995 - 2007, 2014 -
IHMSA Region 2 Director 2007 - 2009
Life Member - NRA
United States of America
i26963
Class A
IHMSA Member#: 26963

Post by i26963 »

Steve Arnett and I were discussing the "MP" incident this past weekend! ;) Darndest thing I had ever seen!!
MC
Co-Match Director LRGC, Lincolnton, GA