Introduce yourself

The place to shoot the breeze on all things IHMSA
mjnocal
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 42402

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by mjnocal »

Hi folks. My name is Mike Jewell, Started IHMSA in 1987, #42402. Been absent for many years, mainly because work schedules and then IHMSA disappeared from NorCal. What happened to all the shooting clubs in NorCal? I used to shoot a 10" and 14" T/C Cont. in 7TC/U, and an 8" S&W Model 29 for standing. Would love to shoot in IHMSA shoots again. Anyone here in Sacramento/Lincoln/Nevada City area who still shoot? Thanks. Mike
United States of America
saleen322
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 23748

Post by saleen322 »

I have been away from the sport for years, #23748, and I would like to find a match just to shoot one again. There is nothing much in PA now and silhouette was really active in my area during the 80s into the 90s. I heard that Burrell Twp shoots some matches but they are no longer part of IHMSA as I understand. I was hoping that maybe someone on the board knows of something in Central or Western PA. Thanks.
Hosspower
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 57696

Post by Hosspower »

Hello Saleen322,
I live in New Castle, PA. The closest range for me is Tusco in Ohio. Thats about a 2.5 hour drive each way. The only range I know of in PA is by Philly, Morrisville I beleive. There are NRA silhoutte ranges (4 around Pittsburgh, Ridgeway, Bradford) but most of the guys seem to be rifle shooters and the IHMSA shoots just seem to have a better 'feel' to them. I went to an NRA match in Coraopolis last year. It was short range silhouette but I had a good time and will go back.
United States of America
saleen322
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 23748

Post by saleen322 »

Hosspower, thank you for the reply. With the active past silhouette had in our area (including Jackson Center), is there any place that is even considering shooting again? Morrisville is over 5 hours from me, Punxy area. I am going to try to get to Burrell this year as I understand they at least shoot some club matches. I had spoke to one of the old heads at Bellwood a couple of years ago about trying it again as that was a Cadillac range back in the day. It seems there is little interest in precision shooting anymore as the tactical type matches seem to be all the rage now. Maybe that will change.
Randy
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

Post by aggshooter »

Hi Fellas,

Finally got registered, always had an issue there previously. Lots of posts to read thru! Guess I have to quit lurking and start contributing. Looking forward to shooting at ECC this year. Greg put on a great shoot last year, I always feel welcome down there.

Rich Hawkins
Indiana
IHMSA 29087
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Post by aggshooter »

Hi Folks,
I've been reading this forum for a few years and keep up on things on the SP forum. Been shooting this sport since 1983, and run the matches here at Riley Conservation Club just outside of Terre Haute, Indiana. Looks like I have some catching up to do on the numerous posts!! Look forward to seeing my old friends this year at ECC at Tusco.

Rich Hawkins
Indiana
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Post by aggshooter »

Hi Guys,
Been reading here for a long time but have had trouble getting registered and posting. Most of you know me, I run matches here in Indiana and shoot wherever and whenever I can. Looking forward to entering some of the discussions.

Rich Hawkins
Indiana
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Post by aggshooter »

Hi Guys,

Been reading for awhile but only recently registered to post. Most of you know me from email or posts on another forum. Looks like I've missed some discussion!! Hope to contribute to keep our sport intact and be supportive of all the overworked and unpaid people that make our sport possible.

Rich Hawkins
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000
stevenabertram
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by stevenabertram »

Hello everyone,

I'm completely new to the sport, just filling out my membership paperwork. I'm in eastern Nebraska and hope to shoot in all the matches at our local club this year.

Anyone care to tell me what an Air Card Insert is? It asks on the membership form if I want one.

Thanks,

Steven Bertram
Nebraska
United States of America
260 Striker
Class AA
IHMSA Member#: 0

Post by 260 Striker »

Hi Steven, The air card insert is to track classification and entries for air gun silhouette shooting. The regular IHMSA card is pretty well filled up with the other categories/classes so the insert was used when air gun silhouettes got added. Get ready to have the most fun and meet the nicest people in any shooting sport. Don't be afraid to ask around if you have questions but get ready to get bombarded with answers, offers to shoot other people's guns and just good old advice about IHMSA and silhouette shooting. People are there to help if you need a spotter too. Makes it more fun if you can get a buddy interested in the sport then you can spot for each other at the matches. You have some good shooters there in NE so I'm sure you will have fun and meet some great people. Welcome to IHMSA.
Lynn in OH.
Lynn Shultz
IHMSA #15692 since 1980
Past Match Director Logan Handgun Association
Current VP Logan Handgun Association
NRA Member
United States Air Force Veteran
Retired USAF Civil Servant (47 years)
937-407-4885