Whats new in IHMSA
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP
IHMSA Member#: 29087

2022 National Championship

Post by aggshooter »

EDITED:
We are very pleased to be renaming this event to be known as the 2022 IHMSA CHAMPIONSHIPS.
I'm not going to go thru each thread and edit corrections, but I am very hopeful that we will have foreign shooters attending. Please reach out to me and I will send the basic match info as listed down thread.
Rich

I am pleased to announce the Riley Conservation Club will host the 2022 IHMSA Championships. Dates are July 8-13, but may be adjusted a day each way. We will have all events except PH Short, our facility simply doesn't have that capability when running a full line. Our range is currently undergoing construction of a new firing line, when finished, we will have a 20x120 concrete pad under a clear span roof, plus a 520 sq ft staging area (also under roof). The 24 firing points will each be 5 feet wide. We have Physically Challenged capability.
There is ample parking and limited camping allowed with prior approval. The 1800 sq ft clubhouse has ample room and includes a full kitchen and 2 restrooms (one is handicap modified). Air pistol will take place on our 15'x60' porch. Additional information will be forthcoming.

I hope you all will join us.

Rich
Last edited by aggshooter on Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

"Go ahead and shoot. The bullet has to go somewhere."
George Hawkins 1917-2000
User avatar United States of America
AtomicDogg
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 49169

Re: 2022 National Championship

Post by AtomicDogg »

Simply O U T S T A N D I N G !!!!!!
Robert L. Walker
Co Match Director, LRGC - Lincolnton, GA
Past Region 2 Director
Past Georgia State Director
NRA Life Member
IHMSA Life Member
Georgia Website Keeper
United States of America
captainjohn
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 39199

Post by captainjohn »

Looking forward to seeing lots of old friends that I haven’t crossed paths with for awhile.We are looking forward to a great turn out, hope to see everyone in July!
Last edited by captainjohn on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Richards
IHMSA 39199L
Region 5 Director
IHMSA Industry Director
Minnesota State Director
NRA Life Member
United States of America
triggerfinger65br
Target Setter
IHMSA Member#: 52118

Post by triggerfinger65br »

Robin and I have it on our schedule. It’ll be nice to shoot at a new range for us and meet some new friends. Looking forward to it.

John and Robin Weaver
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Post by aggshooter »

Thanks guys (and gals)!! I'm excited to be hosting this event!

A bit more info....this will be a 60 round match as we did with the ECC last year. We have rope resets for the 2 banks of smallbore, one bank of 1/5 scale, and one bank of Field Pistol. Registration and entry scheduling will be necessary, I'll let you know when we are ready for that.
Our range faces a bit east of due south, Rimfire targets are in the shade in the morning, but about 2pm the sun moves west enough to light up the targets on the sand backstops. I have shot great scores in late afternoon.

Terre Haute is perhaps the westernmost city in the eastern time zone. As such, the sun rises here an hour after it hits NYC, and it is daylight here long after sundown on the east coast. Shooting will start at 9am. If you want to start at 8 am, set your watch for Illinois time, it's just across the river. :))

We will have one bank of Big Bore knockdowns and likewise one bank of 1/2 scale knockdowns. Due to space limitations, we will run those events with the following modifications:
Big Bore rams will be at 200 yards and will be hard set or swinger type. Since they are not knockdown, there is no need for us to set 15 rams. We will have 3 rams, and the shooter will shoot each ram 5 times. I plan to use an impact light on each target that will confirm hits, just as they do in long range rifle events. BB scores will count for this match and classification, but not for world records. I ran this concept past Dell Taylor, and he was OK with it.

BB and 1/2 scale are shot from the same positions and at the same target banks. Rather than constantly swapping targets during the day for the different disciplines, we will shoot BB until about 2pm, then switch targets as shooters come to the line for 1/2 scale. Please be aware of this when we begin accepting reservations.

I would very much like to have our final day of shooting consist of regulation targets in the morning and the shoot-off finals in the afternoon. We will have a 2-stage preliminary shoot-off immediately following your perfect score as we did in the ECC. This vastly helps in reducing the number of head-to-head shoot-offs.

RCC is just 3 miles from Exit 11, a major interchange of I-70 and SR-46. Several hotels and eating places are available there and also Exit 4 in Terre Haute. There is a campground about 2 miles from the range.

Questions? Comments? Discussion? ask away....
Last edited by aggshooter on Mon May 16, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
captainjohn
Class B
IHMSA Member#: 39199

Post by captainjohn »

Rich, thanks for hosting!
What color will the targets be?
Will their be food available @ the range?
How many relays are you expecting to shoot each day?
Very much looking forward to a great match and seeing a bunch of people we haven’t seen for awhile.
Thanks again! JR
John Richards
IHMSA 39199L
Region 5 Director
IHMSA Industry Director
Minnesota State Director
NRA Life Member
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Post by aggshooter »

captainjohn wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:14 am Rich, thanks for hosting!
What color will the targets be?
Will their be food available @ the range?
How many relays are you expecting to shoot each day?
Very much looking forward to a great match and seeing a bunch of people we haven’t seen for awhile.
Thanks again! JR
I knew I was leaving out some things! Targets will be black on a sand backstop. Some 1/5 scale will utilize a steel bing board like Tusco used in the early 2000's. BB targets will have 15 knockdowns on C,P,T, and will be reset and everything gets painted at the end of each relay. I'm planning on 15 minute relays from first gun at 9 am and last gun starts at 4 pm, so 28 relays on full days.

EDIT - Hot food will be available in the clubhouse

3 miles from club is interchange with McD, Burger King, Arby's, Subway, Taco Bell, Culvers, Sonic, and pizza & Mexican restaurants. Also there is Walmart, Meijer, and gas stations. Ten minutes farther will get you a wide variety of restaurants.

For those who may wish to leave their guns in the clubhouse-- RCC gate and clubhouse are both locked with magnetic key cards that read into our computer log, and we have closed circuit cameras throughout the main areas and inside the clubhouse. I have often left my cased guns in a corner of the clubhouse for overnight, we've not ever had vandalism or theft since installing the system. We can issue temporary access cards to authorized individuals. As of writing, there are no other events scheduled for the weekend.

Rich
Last edited by aggshooter on Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Post by aggshooter »

More info:

Dates have now been confirmed as Friday July 8 thru Wed July 13. Wednesday will have regulation targets until noon, then we will take a short break and begin any head-to-head shootoffs. Awards will follow the shootoffs. I'm optimistic that we can get this all done (including shootoffs and awards) in 6 days.

Without experience in hosting this event here, it is difficult to predict attendance and plan for labor. As such, the "volunteer deposit" that was used at Tusco will be used here as well. Shooters will pay $45 upon arriving and be issued a card to record 3 hours of volunteer work. Each hour will be documented and reimbursed $15. We can use folks to call the line, paint the reset targets, set and paint the BB targets, and probably some misc tasks. You can work all 3 hours at once or split it up into smaller segments. You can give your card to another shooter who has an abundance of time and allow them to work additional hours. If total pre-registration (your shooting times and anticipated entry fees) is high enough, I will gladly eliminate the volunteer deposit and arrange for paid labor.

We will shoot air pistol on the back porch on Sunday afternoon/evening. Ideally, we can start mid-afternoon and shooters can filter in as they get done with powder guns. I think we can get all the airgun shooting completed in time for shooters to still go out for supper.

Jim Kesser is heading up registration for shooting times. please contact him to reserve shooting times. His contact info is:

Jim Kesser
RR 1 Box 268
Bremen, OH. 43107
Jimologist@aol.com
612-214-6165

Entry fees will be $20 per gun (22, FP, PH, BB) up to 12 entries for powder guns ($240). Air gun entries are separate and are a flat $7 per gun. All fees are paid upon arrival at the club, Jim isn't handling any money.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Post by aggshooter »

Folks,

Just a note to clarify the schedule, the match will run 5 1/2 days with regular targets available from Friday thru Wednesday noon. Half scale targets will not be available on Wednesday. Air pistol will run Sunday afternoon/evening. Small bore (2 banks), 1/5 scale (1 bank), and Field Pistol (1 bank) are available all day every day.

A shout out to the shooters who have already registered thank you for your plans to attend!

Rich
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000
United States of America
aggshooter
IHMSA VP

Post by aggshooter »

Below is the basic match info. Not sure I can load it as a download, if shooters want a copy of this just contact me and I'll email it to you.
Rich

2022 IHMSA CHAMPIONSHIP
RILEY CONSERVATION CLUB
RILEY, INDIANA

Dates: July 8-13
60 round match
Big Bore, Half Scale, Small Bore, 1/5 scale, Field Pistol, Practical Hunter, Air Gun
Pre-registration strongly encouraged but not required
Airgun (60 rounds) will be on Sunday July 10
Trophies to category champions
Special awards: Iron Man, 4-gun agg(s), FP agg, High Junior
Powder guns are $20 each up to 12 entries ($240)
Air guns are $7 each
Juniors shoot free with paid adult
---------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday July 10- Air gun
Monday July 11- Board meeting
Tuesday July 12- Dinner and Shooters Roundtable
Wednesday July 13- Shootoffs approx. 1:30 pm
Half scale available on Big Bore range starting 2PM each day except Wednesday
Big Bore rams, 200 yards, will be hard set or swingers, hits must be confirmed.
No PH Short, range does not have the capacity
15 minute relays, 9am-4pm or as needed
Black targets on tan sand backstops. Range faces a little east of south.

To pre-register, contact:
Jim Kesser
Jimologist@aol.com
614-214-6165
---------------------------------------------------------------
Camping permitted by advance approval only
Volunteer registration is $45, can be worked off @ 15/hour, and will be waived if there are enough paid entries.
Lunch available in the 1500 sq. ft clubhouse. Indoor restrooms.
Easy access to major highways, motels, restaurants in Terre Haute.
Last edited by aggshooter on Mon May 16, 2022 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Hawkins
IHMSA VP

George Hawkins 1917-2000